I took the new $250 tactical shotty to the range.

ARMELEGANT Ltd. is an emergent firearms industry with a young spirit located in Konya, Turkey. As it can be inferred from the name, our organizational culture emanates from the philosophy built on bringing elegance to the firearms industry in each and every detail, our immersion in the hunting industry counts back to 10 years ago, progressing so fast and expanding our market share internationally is the fruit of our dedication to impeccable quality.

With a wide range of shotguns, ARMELEGANT Ltd. believes it has what it takes to draw the attention of hunting and target sports passionates, adding the crux of years of experience and market research to each and every piece of our arms that we deal with as if it is the only one piece we are producing, subjecting it to hard quality and resistance tests during the production process so we are sure it will meet the requirements of our clients.

Our company produces Semi-Automatic Shotguns, Pump Action Shotguns, Over and Under as well as Single Barrel Shotgun models using the best quality raw materials and gives great importance to the control of the parts at each stage of manufacturing Our passion for what we are doing can be felt in every detail of our design, we work on providing the best user experience for our costumer.

At 2018.5" there is no reason a loose choke should have split the barrel.

I can repeat that comment down to about 10" with 12ga. Pressure drops radically, and the barrel should take the impact. I bet if OP hits the barrel about half way up on a tree, the barrel will bend. That **** just ain't right.

ETA: 18.5 - same same. ;-)

Last edited:
I think you could make a single-shot slam-fire from hardware store parts that would be more durable. This makes me sad that a) we have import restrictions stopping decent, US-made firearms from coming home and b) decent foreign-made firearms from being imported, and c) this was deemed OK to import.

Can you see signs of sintering or poor metalurgy on the exposed barrel? I mean, other than the fact of failure.

Three years ago I was selling Rem "Express" 870s for $275 in poly hardware... plastic trigger parts, sure, but no bad barrels.

At the same time we had "H&R" branded Chinese 870 clones, with all metal trigger parts, for $200 out the door.

What happened that this looked like a deal? I take it the pandemic (and Remington / H&R being temporarily out of service) has boned shotgun prices to the point that a $250 Turkish paperweight was the only alternative to spending 4 bills or more? Or something? I guess you can get a poly-choke pinned and welded on to get back to legal lenth, if you have confidence in what's left of the barrel. Guessing buying a new barrel represents a similar cost to buying a new gun, if it's even an option.

I know we joke about "chinesium" but if you want a cheapo pump shotgun you cannot beat a chicom clone... That or a Savage/Stevens 320, but then you don't get parts compatibility... I have seen more disasters with Turkish-made crap, especially the semis, but as a rule the more stupid tactical shit they bolt on to it, the worse the firearm is underneath. It's a shame because the Turks make some fine higher-end shotguns at higher (but not deal breaking) price points which can be worth owning. The chicoms make a damn decent Remington clone, Winchester clone, etc especially if you go through and give everything a good polish. The Turks CAN do nice guns but often choose not to, since you wind up with a few dozen importer and model names disguising their crappy firearms.

Three years ago I was selling Rem "Express" 870s for $275 in poly hardware... plastic trigger parts, sure, but no bad barrels.

At the same time we had "H&R" branded Chinese 870 clones, with all metal trigger parts, for $200 out the door.

What happened that this looked like a deal? I take it the pandemic (and Remington / H&R being temporarily out of service) has boned shotgun prices to the point that a $250 Turkish paperweight was the only alternative to spending 4 bills or more? Or something? I guess you can get a poly-choke pinned and welded on to get back to legal lenth, if you have confidence in what's left of the barrel. Guessing buying a new barrel represents a similar cost to buying a new gun, if it's even an option.

I know we joke about "chinesium" but if you want a cheapo pump shotgun you cannot beat a chicom clone... That or a Savage/Stevens 320, but then you don't get parts compatibility... I have seen more disasters with Turkish-made crap, especially the semis, but as a rule the more stupid tactical shit they bolt on to it, the worse the firearm is underneath. It's a shame because the Turks make some fine higher-end shotguns at higher (but not deal breaking) price points which can be worth owning. The chicoms make a damn decent Remington clone, Winchester clone, etc especially if you go through and give everything a good polish. The Turks CAN do nice guns but often choose not to, since you wind up with a few dozen importer and model names disguising their crappy firearms.
I could have afforded a much better shotgun and own several much better quality. I bought this one to shoot the crap out of it and see if it would break. Well I guess it did. It just didn't take as long as I thought.

I could have afforded a much better shotgun and own several much better quality. I bought this one to shoot the crap out of it and see if it would break. Well I guess it did. It just didn't take as long as I thought.

Hey, I approve! Didn't mean to come off as though I didn't.

Definitely try to find an H&R 870 clone for a cheapo beater. Or an Interstate 870 clone which is the same thing from the same chicom factory, but with a cool tactical ghost ring and front ramp! Either can (or could) be had for "I don't care" cheap and are a fun platform to abuse. Especially when you can bolt on whatever weird old 870 accesories you find in the junk bin at the gun shop or show.

90% of my commentary was less to do with your choice, and more to do with how sad the market on pump shotguns is lately.

Back
Top Bottom