I passed!!

Just passed my Tech and General. NOw I need to get a few things to get my comms squared away. I am psyched because this was one of my 2012 goals and I got it done early. It was fairly easy with the question bank and the QRZ.com practice tests. I dont feel like I learned much of the theory but that is what I need to pick up next.

Just passed my Tech and General. NOw I need to get a few things to get my comms squared away. I am psyched because this was one of my 2012 goals and I got it done early. It was fairly easy with the question bank and the QRZ.com practice tests. I dont feel like I learned much of the theory but that is what I need to pick up next.

If you really want to learn, find an active local club.

Congratulations! Now you need to get some equipment and put up some antennas, while the decent weather holds out!

I've noticed a pretty formidable and knowledgeable group of hams here on NES so ask away any questions and I'm sure you'll get some responses. Also, as others have stated, try to find a local club. ARRL/QST are recommended as well.

Congratulations! Now you need to get some equipment and put up some antennas, while the decent weather holds out!

I've noticed a pretty formidable and knowledgeable group of hams here on NES so ask away any questions and I'm sure you'll get some responses. Also, as others have stated, try to find a local club. ARRL/QST are recommended as well.

I have an old National NCX-5 and a Yaesu VX-2R. I need to get an antenna for the big one. I picked out a spot today where I can string it. I need to figure out if the NCX-5 works. It turns on. There is a guy in the next town over that is supposed to be good with tube radios so I am going to call him. Hopefully I will have everything up and going within the month.

Don't believe this...every ham Knows the only way to guarantee an antenna will work properly is that it must be put up under the most undesirable conditions imaginable!
Congrats!!!

My son is KB1TRB from Tech in a Day. It looks like the FCC gave out call signs in sequence. I remember running into BobJ, Mr. Twigg, HardJeepGuy and a few other NESers there 2 years ago.

The Gloucester club is doning it again on April 28th. www.caara.net

My son is KB1TRB from Tech in a Day. It looks like the FCC gave out call signs in sequence. I remember running into BobJ, Mr. Twigg, HardJeepGuy and a few other NESers there 2 years ago.

The Gloucester club is doning it again on April 28th. www.caara.net

Your kid is 12 with his General, dam.

I also got my tech license at tech in a day. The program works great and i'm pretty sure of the 20 people in my class everyone passed.

Back
Top Bottom