• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I met this jerk today!

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
I stopped in my local pub today, and sat down at the bar and ordered a beer.....

This guy comes in, about my age and takes the seat next to me. I wasn't in a talking mood, but he looked at me with my Serratelli hat and said,
"Hey Tex, what are you doing here?"

Now, this guy is about my age (65), and he has a grey ponytail and a an earring. I could tell he was an old hippie![wink]

I looked him in the eye...."I am from New Mexico. And calling me "Tex" is an insult We hate Texans!"

I hoped that would shut him up....but then he asked me, "What's that pin on your hat? It looks like a rifle!"

I told him it was a miniature CIB, and that I earned it in Vietnam.

"Your are a Vietnam Veteran?" he asked....."That must be really hard to deal with!"

So now, the chip on my shoulder is rocking...and I am really getting pissed off!

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Well, it must be hard dealing with being in the only war we lost!"

My head was about to explode...I really wanted to take this hippy and beat the shit out of him for being so stupid!

We, meaning those of us who served in Vietnam, did not lose the war. We actually triumphed in all the battles after and including Tet of 68.

The politicians back here lost the war...they wimped out because of all these pussy kids protesting.

And they will never realize what we really lost in Vietnam.....

We lost a generation of leaders from our generation! If they didn't get killed in the jungles of Vietnam, they got killed when their spirit was crushed when the came home.

Now the only leaders from my generation have ponytails and earrings.!

I'm a fan of kicking hippies (or worse)... Also one of the reasons I ran a group buy for products from a company called "I Kick Hippies"

I wonder what that moonbat hippie (is that redundant??) would think if you also carried...

BTW, there's pretty much no reasoning with hippies... If it was me, I would have gone up one side of that POS, down the other, then got my shit-kickers on and done it again.

Wow...I admire your ability to with-hold punching the crap out of him....How did you not slug that guy?.....I know the answer to that. As much as you wanted to crush him it was better that you did not lower yourself to that level. Nuff said. Stupid is as stupid does for that guy...lol...two of my uncles served in Vietnam and 5 of my close friends...we won that sh*#...hands down.

Wow...I admire your ability to with-hold punching the crap out of him....How did you not slug that guy?.....I know the answer to that. As much as you wanted to crush him it was better that you did not lower yourself to that level. Nuff said. Stupid is as stupid does for that guy...lol...two of my uncles served in Vietnam and 5 of my close friends...we won that sh*#...hands down.

Lost too many good people along the way though.

As a combat veteran of Afghanistan, I admire your self control. Thats normally when people start falling down stairs...

I stopped in my local pub today, and sat down at the bar and ordered a beer.....

This guy comes in, about my age and takes the seat next to me. I wasn't in a talking mood, but he looked at me with my Serratelli hat and said,

Now, this guy is about my age (65), and he has a grey ponytail and a an earring. I could tell he was an old hippie![wink]

I looked him in the eye...."I am from New Mexico. And calling me "Tex" is an insult We hate Texans!"

I hoped that would shut him up....but then he asked me, "What's that pin on your hat? It looks like a rifle!"

"Your are a Vietnam Veteran?" he asked....."That must be really hard to deal with!"

So now, the chip on my shoulder is rocking...and I am really getting pissed off!

My head was about to explode...I really wanted to take this hippy and beat the shit out of him for being so stupid!

We, meaning those of us who served in Vietnam, did not lose the war. We actually triumphed in all the battles after and including Tet of 68.

The politicians back here lost the war...they wimped out because of all these pussy kids protesting.

We lost a generation of leaders from our generation! If they didn't get killed in the jungles of Vietnam, they got killed when their spirit was crushed when the came home.

Do go on. It couldn't have just ended there! Did you stick the guys own ponytail in his beer and rip his earring out?

As a combat veteran of Afghanistan, I admire your self control. Thats normally when people start falling down stairs...

I know, I wanted to punch him in the nose.......at my age my body is not as strong as it was.....but I probably could have laid him out.

But the idiot was so stupid he would never understand why he deserved it......

It's kind of like punching out a retarded kid......where is the pride in that![rofl]

Last edited:

Kim,

Thank you and everyone else that served in Nam, including, and especially, those that paid the ultimate sacrifice. You are totally correct when you state that the US military won all the major battles, in spite of the fact that the US military had to fight the war with both hands tied behind its back. As you stated, it was the American politicians and the media that contributed to "losing" the war. In spite of that, I do not consider that the US even "lost" the war. If the American military had free reign to do what was needed, such as invading N. Vietnam, or just holding onto the terrain that it won, the issue certainly would have ended differently. The only major thing that N. Vietnam won was the political war.

I applaud your restraint. Those experiences jump-start the circulation and they're hell on the ulcers. Be sure you find an outlet so that crap doesn't get bottled-up and eat your guts out.

Sir...say no more. It's so difficult sometimes to realize what we fight (or train to fight) for. But the rights of those that truly appreciate them and don't take them for granted make it all worthwhile. Thank God for veterans and patriots...otherwise we would be completely lost as a nation. Whether you're a vet...or you remember or appreciate someone who served....THAT is our civic duty...to realize the sacrifices that have been made in the name of our constitution...so the rest may live free.

They say it wasn't even a war. I wish that someone had informed Mr. Charles of that cuz Hill 881 was a bitch.

Sky, never forget, we were winning when we rotated home and that might not have been the case if the hippie had your back in those days.

We gotta have a beer sometime and compare notes.

Thanks for taking the high road and not depriving us of your insight and wit while taking a tour through the penal system.

I can't stand people who start conversations only to have stupid shit come out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Any bets on how many Obama stickers that turd had on his Prius, I bet he has a copy of Dreams of My Non Existent Father next to his Rules For Radicals. Cancer prayer coming up.

Back
Top Bottom