I LOVE this reloading stuff!

As a reloading neophyte, I've just learned my new excuse to spend a couple of hours at the range: "I'm working up a load."

That's a great reason to touch off 45 rds of 45-70; finding the best IMR 4198 load for a 300 gr JHP in a Marlin 1895G.

You'll soon find the chore of reloading as well. HAHA Sometimes it's fun to do but most of the time you do it because you ran out of ammo.

Reloading is like painting.

The actual task isn't bad and can be relaxing.

It's the prep work that's the chore!

I disagree. For instance, last night I spent some time decapping and swaging brass. Not because I needed it to reload with, but because I just wanted to do it.

To each their own.

I disagree. For instance, last night I spent some time decapping and swaging brass. Not because I needed it to reload with, but because I just wanted to do it.

To each their own.

Same here. Deprimed, cleaned, resized, trimmed & primed my last three evenings. Very restful.

To each their own.

I gotta agree, its relaxing, fun.

My only complaint is I've never spent so much money to "Save" money in my life [rofl]

Reloading is a funny thing. When you load up a ton of ammo and have several thousands of rounds waiting to be shot when you sit down next to reload it is enjoyable. However, when you have been really busy and are down to a hundred or so rounds and you have a match the next day then it's not so fun. I enjoy reloading 75% of the time and hate it the other 25% of the time.

It is addicting !

I've been busy loading for my .500 and my scale (Cheapo electronic) just up & quit on me. [thinking]

I'm actually depressed. [sad]

Won't last long tho - ordered a replacement and am going out tommorrow AM to chrony some loads ! [grin]

Then I get to load some more ! [smile]

I've been busy loading for my .500 and my scale (Cheapo electronic) just up & quit on me. [thinking]

I'm actually depressed. [sad]

Won't last long tho - ordered a replacement and am going out tommorrow AM to chrony some loads ! [grin]

Then I get to load some more ! [smile]

Damn! I'll bring my old Lee beam scale for you to use until you get the replacement. One day of using it and you'll be kissing that digital when it comes!

Damn! I'll bring my old Lee beam scale for you to use until you get the replacement. One day of using it and you'll be kissing that digital when it comes!

You da man !
thumb.gif

I enjoy the process of working up a load and its a good distraction from the stress of the day too. I've even lost weight since I started reloading! An hour or two on the rockchucker keeps me from snacking in front of the tv.
Its more fun then the treadmill too. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom