I got my m1 carbine

m44

Yesterday I picked up my Inland m1 carbine [smile]. Its a Inland with a barrel date of 8-43, I am guessing that it is the original barrel because the serial is below the first million. The gun is a CMP gun I bought from hminsky here on the boards for 550.00 then I had it shipped to brons. The bore on this gun is great cant wait to bring her to the range [smile]. The stock is a Italian with the FAT cartouch, I will probably replace it with a original.

Here is a few pics

Gun, right side

101_0222.jpg

Gun, left side

101_0227.jpg

The barrel date (this pic sucks but I couldnt get it any better)

101_0226.jpg

And the reciever pic

101_0224.jpg

I also received my free bayonets I mentioned in this thread.

Enclosed is a pic

101_0229.jpg

Last edited:
Hitler youth knife 3rd from the left?

Nice carbine, btw. Let me know if you're looking for any accessories for it. A family member of mine has storage units full of militaria for sale.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I will agree the stock looks nice fact is the more I look at it the more it grows on me. I cant wait to bring it to the range, I'll post a range report when I do get to shoot it.

That is a hitler youth knife third from the left, the bayonets aren't bad for free [smile]. I have had somebody offer to buy the hitler youth knife.

is the Hitler youth knife orig or repo? I have one that I inherited, on the leather strap is stamped 'MADE IN GERMANY'......seems they continued making them right after the war as souveniers for the GI's ?

is the Hitler youth knife orig or repo? I have one that I inherited, on the leather strap is stamped 'MADE IN GERMANY'......seems they continued making them right after the war as souveniers for the GI's ?

Mine is a original, and a buddy of mine offered me 350.00 for it.

Just thought I would ask, is there anyway that I can tell what company made the parts on my gun. I am guessing it is a mixmaster (due to the fact its a CMP gun), but I would like to know. If it would help any I could disassemble the gun and get the codes off the parts. Sorry if I sound like a nut but I am crazy when it comes to my milsurps.

This site can help you identify where the markings are and what factories made them. Congrats on the gun[grin]

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/carbine/carbine.pl?noframes;read=68437

There's also a wealth of information on the CMP website forums:

www.odcmp.com

There are also several great books available.

Thanks for the info guys, this is a great forum [smile].

blut und ehre... [thinking]

I have 4 of them, buried someplace in my collection.

M44, your up and going on collecting not only firearms[smile] Good for you!

Actually because my Hitler youth knife was built in 1938 it does not have blood and honer written on the blade (that was done away with in 37). I do enjoy collecting anything military, some day I would like to find some inert items for my collection.

Thanks for the info guys, this is a great forum [smile].
some day I would like to find some inert items for my collection.

Please make sure that the item is inert and not just told to you is inert. I have been collecting for over 25 years now and yes there has been a case where I lost a friend due to collecting ordnance on a live range.

I have one last question, on the left side of my receiver there is a SG below the wood so you have to dissasemble the gun to see it. any idea what that means.

Back
Top Bottom