I figured that you guys would like to know...

There's one episode on there that I think Jon would LOVE to watch.

These are shows being shown on the History Channel this Thursday. When I saw them on the listing, I just had to share with this forum.

Tales of the Gun: U.S. Guns of WWII.
Thursday, February 16 @ 12pm ET

An examination of the weapons that battled through surf and snow, dense jungle and choking dust...the guns of the American GI. Though WWII introduced instruments that pierced the dark and weapons that released the power of the atom, the infantryman's guns were designed decades before; but in dependability they were unequaled.

Thursday, February 16 @ 6pm ET

Tales of the Gun: German Small Arms of WWII.
Thursday, February 16 @ 10am ET

An evaluation of the evolution of German "small arms" from the end of WWI, when the defeated nation was denied the right to rearm by the Treaty of Versailles, to the end of WWII, after Hitler had again supplied the country with the means to wage war. See how Lugers, P-38s, and Mausers wrote an agonizing chapter in the gun's history.

Tales of the Gun: Japanese Guns of WWII.
Thursday, February 16 @ 11am ET

As Japan bombed its way into the Pacific during WWII, Imperial soldiers carried pride, a sense of invincibility, and an arsenal of clumsy and outdated weapons. Convinced that the tactics and tools that led to victory over colonial enemies would be just as effective against the Allies, Japan would see its weaponry lead to defeat.

Thursday, February 16 @ 4pm ET

Tales of the Gun: Japanese Guns of WWII.
Thursday, February 16 @ 5pm ET

C-pher said:
Thursday, February 16 @ 12pm ET

Thursday, February 16 @ 10am ET

i have those on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom