I broke my cherry.

Congrats!!!

I remember that day... actually I bought TWO handguns that day... a P7M8 and a Sig P239/9mm... still have them both. I took a whole day off from work just so I could shoot them after I got back from the gun store.

-Mike

Congrats and enjoy. Before you know it your pistol collection will be growing and your bank account will be shrinking.

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

Have you shot it yet? If not there is still time. Run! Don't walk to my house and give the pistol to me. I believe 45collector would be willing to help you too.

Colt 1911's are VERY ADDICTING. The first is bought because your curious. The second is bought because you want to try the Commander. Next your hooked and looking for an Officers then perhaps a Colt Government .380 followed by a defender. But it doesn't stop there. You'll soon discover miltary 1911's and you will want a WWI and WWII version from all the major manufacturers. Then you will start thinking pre-war 1911's. It never ends. Ask me how I know.[smile]

Seriously, congrats on the purchase and welcome the obsession. Did you buy the stock one with the box or the other one? I've been lusting over both for several weeks now.

I want to congraulate you for buying that and more importanly posting that you bought it.

I was going to drive down there today to look at that Series 70. I don't know why but on Friday, all of a sudden I got the urge to buy another 1911. So you saved me a trip.

Good luck with that 1911...

Excellent choice! Even if you had bought something else for your first, you'd just end up wanting a 1911 sooner or later, so you killed 2 birds with one stone.

Awesome. Congrats! That exact same gun (blue, right?) was my first pistol. Well, that's a lie. My very first was a crappy PMK .380 (knockoff of a PPK/s) that I bought brand new for $250. And the only reason for that is when my first LTC came in the mail, I wasn't expecting it so soon, and hadn't yet saved up for the Colt. But I just had to arm myself that day! (That PMK ran like shit and I sold it at a loss soon thereafter.)

So my series '70 was my first real handgun. [wink]
If you have any questions at all, there are plenty of guys here who are 1911-savvy.

Have fun, shoot safe!

Back
Top Bottom