I borrowed someones sig here for an away message today

the one with the two quotes about requiring licensing for a constitutional right, etc etc. Well, the ONE person to respond to it (this was a test as I love to push his buttons because he was robbed at gun point once in college and still believe people shouldnt be allowed to CCW) responds to me and says "ergo, license and registration fees are totally fine, the bigger question is, why you need the feel to brandish a weapon that kills"

What should my response be? Besides the initial "you need to learn to read, as they quotes CLEARLY state that registration fees and licensing are NOT ok"

I love messing with moonbats[rofl]

Oh, this kid worked on the Kerry campaign in college, and then when the election was over, collected unemployment for 6 months! talking about living your ideals!!!

It's probably me, but I have never gotten on well with folks who use 'ergo', esteemed members of NES excluded (for the most part, anyway).

[rolleyes]

Honestly... I don't even bother with people who are so far gone as your friend is. Especially if "why do you feel the need to brandish a weapon that kills" is the first thing out of their mouth.

The fact that they used "brandish" in that context means they have no concept of the word, nor concept of CCW. And the fact that any gun is already a "weapon that kills" means that they are FAR from being able to see the reality.

So... hehe... feel free to keep pushing his buttons... but I'd only bother if it was actually going to be productive... which it doesn't look like it's going to be. [grin]

Hanwei

Honestly... I don't even bother with people who are so far gone as your friend is. Especially if "why do you feel the need to brandish a weapon that kills" is the first thing out of their mouth.

The fact that they used "brandish" in that context means they have no concept of the word, nor concept of CCW. And the fact that any gun is already a "weapon that kills" means that they are FAR from being able to see the reality.

So... hehe... feel free to keep pushing his buttons... but I'd only bother if it was actually going to be productive... which it doesn't look like it's going to be. [grin]

Hanwei

oh I push his buttons nonstop. I wont ever let off of him. Instead of trying to change his views, I want to push him so hard that he takes up camp at the top of a tree and stays out of everyone's way, haha

oh I push his buttons nonstop. I wont ever let off of him. Instead of trying to change his views, I want to push him so hard that he takes up camp at the top of a tree and stays out of everyone's way, haha

Gotta love friends [smile]

Reminds me of the husband of one of my wife's friends. He's learned not to debate me anymore, but his beliefs are so contradictory. He is one of those "I believe in guns but why would somebody need xxxx gun" (he keeps a loaded shotty in his closet). Basically he unilaterally decided that he has the cognative ability to decide what is acceptable self defense and that everybody should march to his beat. He also downloads gobs of pirated songs, movies, and programs of the net because he thinks that the people who create and design already made thier fair share of profit. Well I recently found out that he secured a patent. I dont really know anything about it because he is a little secretive with it, but I wonder how his view of intellectual property rights have changed.

I'm fine with realistic fees. $10/4 years is okay with me. $100yr/ or even 6 yr ain't.

Back
Top Bottom