• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hurricane JOAQUIN at Category 4 and Heading towards New England possibly on Tue

Never to late (or early) to stock up on supplies.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/204603.shtml?gm_track#contents

Y0PZfVf.jpg

Shouldnt need to stock up at all. 30 days supply of non refridgerated food is on hand in my house at all times. Including propane bottles to use with the camp stove to cook it with. I keep it in bins in the basement. To keep it from expiring once a year i take the bins to the food pantry and donate......restock on the way back to the house. Costs me about $400 a year. I learned this from my grandmother and grandfather decades ago.

is it enough for "armageddon"? Nope. But its piece of mind in case of a quarantene for a disease outbreak or a nasty storm. And its a donation every year if i dont need it. And while everone else is out fighting the crowds at the store i dont even worry at all.

Last edited:
DITTO!!!!!!! [party][banana][party][banana][party][dance][party][dance][party]

Shouldnt need to stock up at all. 30 days supply of non refridgerated food is on hand in my house at all times. Including propane bottles to use with the camp stove to cook it with. I keep it in bins in the basement. To keep it from expiring once a year i take the bins to the food pantry and donate......restock on the way back to the house. Costs me about $400 a year. I learned this from my grandmother and grandfather decades ago.

is it enough for "armageddon"? Nope. But its piece of mind in case of a quarantene for a disease outbreak or a nasty storm. And its a donation every year if i dont need it. And while everone else is out fighting the crowds at the store i dont even worry at all.

It's the perfect time of year for a disaster. Not hot enough to worry about A/C and not cold enough to worry about heat. As long as you aren't under water this should be a cake walk.

+1 great way to prep and also do the charitable thing. Don't forget to write it off if possible.

I'm leaving for my honeymoon to Barbados on Sunday morning at 5am. Layover in Miami first. I'm really hoping this won't affect our travel plans...

That storm is hammering the Bahamas....wow. glad i'm not there.

Funny thing...well not really funny but kind of. On the news last night they were showing the storm surge. So they had the camera on a house. Water was about a third of the way up the side of the house. For Sale sign in front...lmao. Yeah, I'll buy that one. Sad thing it probably most houses down there are like that now. Storms been on them almost two days. moving at 3mph.

we are literally all going to die.

I can always count on the survival forum for a stock pile of hyperbole.

and that's why I put the link to the tracker in the first post. they've made 19 predictions in 7 days ranging from landfall from the carolinas to cape cod and everywhere in between.

off shore will make for some nice surf and windsurfing conditions though

I can always count on the survival forum for a stock pile of hyperbole.

and that's why I put the link to the tracker in the first post. they've made 19 predictions in 7 days ranging from landfall from the carolinas to cape cod and everywhere in between.

off shore will make for some nice surf and windsurfing conditions though

nothing like covering your ass

Back
Top Bottom