• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunted

Exactly. Stupid is as stupid does. So far they've all been dopes. Ever see Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman? And that was about 20 years ago. With the surveillance capabilities today even more important to make zero contact. Interesting from tonight's show how the USPS photographs every piece of mail. Also very cool how they used the wanted posters to get potential contacts/helpers to out themselves. That's the stuff I'm interested in.

Yep USPS has been doing that for quite a while.

Check into a shelter for a month. Pine Street Inn perhaps? Ditch everything that shows where you are. Contact no one. Change your appearance. Dress like a bum. Tell no one of your plans.

Now I'm guessing they hunters will start creating false situations to lure them in. Hey, your kid is very sick. Perhaps they bribe a friend to send them a credible message. Or family member. Towards the end I could see the hunters offering large sums of money to friends and family to drop a dime.

There have to be other rules. There's too many logical things that people don't seem to do. Like preparing. I guess they're trying to recreate the life of a true fugitive.

Personally I'd have a go bag all set. It would contain lots of cash, a bunch of burner phones just in case, and a couple wifi ready internet devices that have never been used by me. Buy them from Craigslist or something. And enough food for a week or so, giving me time to establish a new identity. Use TOR to connect to the internet. And only use the devices in a place some distance from where you're hiding out, and only use them a couple times. Use only for something important. Get fake ID's.

Hell, I'm old and tired. I could sleep for 28 days!

I'd team up with my buddy Rob. He's been living in the woods for a few weeks a year for fun. He's smart and resourceful.

My ideal goal would be to hide in plain sight. Just screw with the hunters. Now that would be rewarding!
Try to explain away the cameraman.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

I can't find the "rules" they have to follow on the show's web page. I only remember the $500 ATM and the 1 hour head start and the 100,000 mile area they are restricted to. Would be good to know if they have other rules they have to follow.

I can't find the "rules" they have to follow on the show's web page. I only remember the $500 ATM and the 1 hour head start and the 100,000 mile area they are restricted to. Would be good to know if they have other rules they have to follow.

I haven't been able to find them either. It's probably unlikely they would publish them to keep season 2 contestants from getting too much of an advantage.

I haven't been able to find them either. It's probably unlikely they would publish them to keep season 2 contestants from getting too much of an advantage.

Alone publishes the rules along with an equipment list of what contestants can choose from. It's just so obviously stacked against the "hunted." Sad really that they can't allow people access to their own money. Would make it a bit more interesting at least.

Try to explain away the cameraman.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

The hunted are doing their own recording like some of the survival shows. The hunters are the ones who have a camera team. Although constantly taking video of yourself might raise some questions. I guess if you went for the homeless shelter option you'd have to keep your camera from getting stolen.

Edit, after watching tonight I did some checking and it mentioned one team had a "producer" with them. So yeah, that's stupid.

Last edited:
The bus station couple could have succeeded if they'd bought the tickets, died their hair grey, maybe got props of a cane and thick glasses and walked out of the bus station into the night, and headed in the opposite direction,perhaps into a state with deposit bottles. A couple of trash bags, old clothes, a few beer cans, and who would notice the middle aged homeless couple. In a town not too far away, they might be able to trade the tickets for a little cash, or some food, or something else useful. all they'd need is a sob story, something along the lines of "MY mother is sick, I'm afraid she doesn't have much time left WE bought these tickets, but our clothes are dirty from sleeping under the bridge, and the driver wouldn't let us on the bus because we smell bad. Any cash you could give us for these tickets would help. PLEASE?" You get the idea.they could disappear in plain sight and hitch hike somewhere else, then maybe set out on foot and keep moving. In a different direction, of course. they could sleep under bridges and mingle with real homeless people. Nobody would look at them twice. If their appearance was enough different, they could eat at a different soup kithen every night. They wouldn't need to visit the ATM:they wouldn't need a lot of cash. How does this sound/ It just might work.
They should have gotten off just short of the destination. It would have thrown the hunters off by making them think they bought tickets as a red herring.

- - - Updated - - -

Alone publishes the rules along with an equipment list of what contestants can choose from. It's just so obviously stacked against the "hunted." Sad really that they can't allow people access to their own money. Would make it a bit more interesting at least.
that would allow a wealthy pair to just buy a win.

They should have gotten off just short of the destination. It would have thrown the hunters off by making them think they bought tickets as a red herring.

- - - Updated - - -

that would allow a wealthy pair to just buy a win.

I was thinking the same thing about getting off the bus early. But I would think that SOME people "on the run" have access to more than $500 via only an ATM card in $100 increments. I wonder if they can keep whatever cash they may have in their wallet when they get told they have to run. They can ask anyone they want for help so why not just hit up a buddy and ask for cash? Since these guys aren't real criminals they aren't likely to do what some on the run would do, steal. It's just so skewed in favor of the hunters. Not realistic.

I was thinking the same thing about getting off the bus early. But I would think that SOME people "on the run" have access to more than $500 via only an ATM card in $100 increments. I wonder if they can keep whatever cash they may have in their wallet when they get told they have to run. They can ask anyone they want for help so why not just hit up a buddy and ask for cash? Since these guys aren't real criminals they aren't likely to do what some on the run would do, steal. It's just so skewed in favor of the hunters. Not realistic.

I knew a guy that once participated in a social exercise. He was sent out with nothing onto the streets of some city (I think he said LA) and was limited to saying one (or both) of two phrases: "I'm hungry" and "Please feed me."

While horribly embarrassed by the end, he was not hungry anymore.

So, the final episode popped yesterday. They made it so difficult for the people.

If nothing else, it shows the mistakes the teams made and how to avoid similar situations if an individual has to have that experience.

There have to be other rules. There's too many logical things that people don't seem to do. Like preparing. I guess they're trying to recreate the life of a true fugitive.

I watched most of the episodes and it got me wondering if the people even knew that they were going to be on the show. The way some of them were caught completely off guard (like the family on vacation) leads me to believe maybe the situation was that they signed up for it but weren't actually told anything until the people showed up and said "you're on the run". I'd bet those were much longer conversations outlining the rules and parameters that must be followed that they then edited the tapes so it looks like they show up and just tell the people that they're on the run.

I watched every episode and liked it at first. The more it goes on I can't help but feel this is like MTV real world or something where there are producers and camera men following them around. The fact that they had camera footage of the private mosque security cameras mins later was BS, then when they asked for a ride from a random guy at the mosque, once the "trackers" figured the license plate of the car they almost immediate had this guys cell phone tapped. The guy was not even part of the official show, no way they would get his phone that quickly unless it was a true attack or something. At the end of the last when the guy/girl ran for it. They were not really even running, and found a horrible place to dump/run. I call BS with this show.

1d5574e6cfa3d9e4_hunted_theresa_payton.jpg

the main reason I watched the show.... [smile]

Apparently these are the rules:

how much are "limited funds". Not having a bug out bag and a pocket full of cash like we'd all have in real life would make things much more difficult. I still think I could do it no problem though. I have a friend with a hunting cabin off grid in the middle of nowhere.

– Fugitives must stay within a 100,000-square mile hunt zone.
– Fugitives will be given a one-hour head start before Hunters are alerted.
– Fugitives are provided limited funds.
– Command Center is given only a name, photo, and last known location.
– Fugitives that evade capture win $250,000 per team.

Looks like there are more rules than that, many of which explain the seemingly stupid behavior by some of the contestants...

-Fugitives must move every 48 hours and travel at least 5 miles.
-Fugitives can not return to the same spot more than once or use the same resource/person more than once.
-Fugitives must access the ATM at least twice and it can’t be in the same day.
-Fugitives can not receive money.
-Producers “can create a rule or take away a rule at any point in time.”

These five rules were revealed by contestants David and Emily in an interview they gave.

http://realityrewind.com/hunted-on-cbs-what-are-the-rules-3553512/

Looks like there are more rules than that, many of which explain the seemingly stupid behavior by some of the contestants...

-Fugitives must move every 48 hours and travel at least 5 miles.
-Fugitives can not return to the same spot more than once or use the same resource/person more than once.
-Fugitives must access the ATM at least twice and it can’t be in the same day.
-Fugitives can not receive money.
-Producers “can create a rule or take away a rule at any point in time.”

These five rules were revealed by contestants David and Emily in an interview they gave.

http://realityrewind.com/hunted-on-cbs-what-are-the-rules-3553512/

Are there Nightlock berries, too?

Back
Top Bottom