Hunted

Anyone looking forward to the CBS TV show called "Hunted"? It premiers Jan. 22. It might be cool to see how fugitives are tracked even if someone is trying to go "off the grid".

Saw the preview and thought it might be cool if I ever even watched TV.

If they let the contestants use what's on hand in their homes to get away, I think a few of us NESr's would have a leg up on the general population. I bet I could firgure out a way to keep off the radar for a few months at least...either stationary or traveling. A unique skill set and the tools/resources required to make it happen if able to utilize them all would surely give anyone an advantage...but if they just push you out the door with your dick in your hands, that's another story all together...i'd probably last a few days at best.

It looks like a cool premise for a show. I bet people will get caught trying to contact friends/family. Otherwise if you can stick to cash and avoid John Q Law I bet you can do pretty well. Did they say what tools the hunters will have at their disposal?

Just watched the first episode. Kind of rigged for the hunters actually. Hunted are limited to $500 in a bank account that can be monitored and they can only access $100 at a time. The hunters have all the resources law enforcement would have. The hunted are also restricted to 4 states (don't remember which ones).

It would be more realistic if the hunted were allowed to access anything they already had, like cash on hand or their own personal bank accounts.

*************SPOILER ALERT***********************

The first guy was pretty smart. At least he accessed his cash quickly and close to home.

The couple who accessed their cash at an atm at the greyhound station to buy bus tickets were really dumb.

I certainly hope the rest of the contestants have more brains than the couple who used the ATM at the bus depot. Otherwise it is going to be a very short and boring season. LOL

Watching it now on WBZ (ch 4). All kinds of stupid so far with the contestants that they've been showing.

Nice to see some of the techniques being used to find these clowns.

Anyone who agrees to do this show should have a bag packed and ready to go at any time! It should be a 30 second grab and go.

1. Stay hidden.
2. Do not contact anybody.
3. Profit.

Exactly. Stupid is as stupid does. So far they've all been dopes. Ever see Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman? And that was about 20 years ago. With the surveillance capabilities today even more important to make zero contact. Interesting from tonight's show how the USPS photographs every piece of mail. Also very cool how they used the wanted posters to get potential contacts/helpers to out themselves. That's the stuff I'm interested in.

I liked it. Good premis. The husband and wife that lasted 18 days were on the right track. Stay hidden and stay alive. They will regret their decision to go to a friends house for a long time. Stupid move. They should have been watching Alone for pointers.

The 4 state thing is stupid. Travel in pairs...bad idea. No money, access to it monitored... rigged. Im sure in the real world without the burdens the show puts on you some can disappear quick. Imagine how far one can get by breaking numerous laws.

The 4 state thing is stupid. Travel in pairs...bad idea. No money, access to it monitored... rigged. Im sure in the real world without the burdens the show puts on you some can disappear quick. Imagine how far one can get by breaking numerous laws.

I agree with this, but a counter argument is that in a real world (serious situation) the government would have fairly unlimited resources/manpower to hunt you down in any state, and access to tech that we are not even aware of. Obviously they want to make it interesting. No different than playing hide and seek as kids, you need to set limitations to make it interesting. They only want one winner I am sure. If they make it another season, I am sure they will have to add even more restrictions to keep it interesting as people will learn from others mistakes.

It got me thinking about how it would go if this happened. Go Bag Packed and ready to go, basic food supplies set, cash stowed, etc

The contestants are being severely hindered with the ATM requirement ( I haven't watched ep2, but I don't know if they can ask friends for money ) and the limits on distance. The distance one is probably just so they don't have teams spread out all over the US, dragging the camera crews all over the place.

Anyone who agrees to do this show should have a bag packed and ready to go at any time! It should be a 30 second grab and go.

I also thought it was stupid no one had a bag ready to go. Made me wonder if that was one of the rules? I also wondered why none of them tried to alter their appearance. I thought the couple who did the car rental decoy was pretty smart until they decided going to hide with her family was a good idea. Morons. Now they deserve to get caught.

The only way to pull it off is to Eric Rudolph and disappear while being prepared to have a sucky 28 days until you get paid.

These people are the most stupid people I have ever seen. That said, I watched the whole thing, it sucked me in like a trainwreck. I yelled at the television the whole time. Idiots.

How hard is it to NOT CONTACT ANYONE for 28 days????

for $250K, they'd never find me. As long as I have access to the ATM once before I hit the road and an hour head start they'd never in a million years find me. I already know exactly where I'd go with a tent, a Jeep full of beer and meat and a couple boxes of cigars, gun and ammo and fishing gear. I could get there without going through a single toll, though it would take a while. I could be totally self sufficient there for months, if not a bit uncomfortable.

thinking about the BOB....I don't think it's allowed by the show rules...cause that's the first thing I'd have, once I was picked to be on the show.

Apparently these are the rules:

how much are "limited funds". Not having a bug out bag and a pocket full of cash like we'd all have in real life would make things much more difficult. I still think I could do it no problem though. I have a friend with a hunting cabin off grid in the middle of nowhere.

– Fugitives must stay within a 100,000-square mile hunt zone.
– Fugitives will be given a one-hour head start before Hunters are alerted.
– Fugitives are provided limited funds.
– Command Center is given only a name, photo, and last known location.
– Fugitives that evade capture win $250,000 per team.

Well now if you ever have to disappear you have to come up with a different plan because you just posted it online for everyone to see.

I think I have a solid plan but I can never tell anyone JIC.[tinfoil][tinfoil]

I wonder if cities are off limits. One could hide in plain sight for quite a while. Limited funds would be tough but I suppose you could stay at homeless shelters etc. I found it odd that people were walking/standing by roads looking very conspicuous. Go about your business and people will rarely pay attention to you. Two people lurking in the middle of nowhere kind of stand out.

Last edited:
Can the hunters search any house they believe you're in? Why couldn't you stay at a friend's house for a month and hang out in the basement playing video games. Yeah, it would be boring but who can't be bored for a couple weeks if there's a quarter mil at the end? Throw your friends $25k for their troubles and everyone wins.

Apparently these are the rules:

how much are "limited funds". Not having a bug out bag and a pocket full of cash like we'd all have in real life would make things much more difficult. I still think I could do it no problem though. I have a friend with a hunting cabin off grid in the middle of nowhere.

– Fugitives must stay within a 100,000-square mile hunt zone.
– Fugitives will be given a one-hour head start before Hunters are alerted.
– Fugitives are provided limited funds.
– Command Center is given only a name, photo, and last known location.
– Fugitives that evade capture win $250,000 per team.

You'll be the guy with the 4 person camera crew and the producer up your ass. Who will be constantly on the phone with the other producer on the Hunter side.

I certainly hope the rest of the contestants have more brains than the couple who used the ATM at the bus depot. Otherwise it is going to be a very short and boring season. LOL
That girl was smokin.They should have let them go further with scenes of her in a cold swamp in just a T-shirt and shorts.

You'll be the guy with the 4 person camera crew and the producer up your ass. Who will be constantly on the phone with the other producer on the Hunter side.

For shows like the Amazing Race, there usually is just One Camera Guy with the team and with current technology, it's not a huge inconvience.

The FB reset is something I've thought about. Use different answers for the questions so they can't guess it. Add special characters, etc, etc. Multi Factor Authentication on every account that can handle it.

The bus station couple could have succeeded if they'd bought the tickets, died their hair grey, maybe got props of a cane and thick glasses and walked out of the bus station into the night, and headed in the opposite direction,perhaps into a state with deposit bottles. A couple of trash bags, old clothes, a few beer cans, and who would notice the middle aged homeless couple. In a town not too far away, they might be able to trade the tickets for a little cash, or some food, or something else useful. all they'd need is a sob story, something along the lines of "MY mother is sick, I'm afraid she doesn't have much time left WE bought these tickets, but our clothes are dirty from sleeping under the bridge, and the driver wouldn't let us on the bus because we smell bad. Any cash you could give us for these tickets would help. PLEASE?" You get the idea.they could disappear in plain sight and hitch hike somewhere else, then maybe set out on foot and keep moving. In a different direction, of course. they could sleep under bridges and mingle with real homeless people. Nobody would look at them twice. If their appearance was enough different, they could eat at a different soup kithen every night. They wouldn't need to visit the ATM:they wouldn't need a lot of cash. How does this sound/ It just might work.

Just go to the nearest large metro area and go full on cat throwing, shopping cart pushing, drunk, stinky, homeless. Use a pseudonym, and just act crazy for a month, and panhandle. Hour two would require some serious "getting dirty", but it could be done.

I wonder if cities are off limits. One could hide in plain sight for quite a while. Limited funds would be tough but I suppose you could stay at homeless shelters etc. I found it odd that people were walking/standing by roads looking very conspicuous. Go about your business and people will rarely pay attention to you. Two people lurking in the middle of nowhere kind of stand out.

Check into a shelter for a month. Pine Street Inn perhaps? Ditch everything that shows where you are. Contact no one. Change your appearance. Dress like a bum. Tell no one of your plans.

Now I'm guessing they hunters will start creating false situations to lure them in. Hey, your kid is very sick. Perhaps they bribe a friend to send them a credible message. Or family member. Towards the end I could see the hunters offering large sums of money to friends and family to drop a dime.

There have to be other rules. There's too many logical things that people don't seem to do. Like preparing. I guess they're trying to recreate the life of a true fugitive.

Personally I'd have a go bag all set. It would contain lots of cash, a bunch of burner phones just in case, and a couple wifi ready internet devices that have never been used by me. Buy them from Craigslist or something. And enough food for a week or so, giving me time to establish a new identity. Use TOR to connect to the internet. And only use the devices in a place some distance from where you're hiding out, and only use them a couple times. Use only for something important. Get fake ID's.

Hell, I'm old and tired. I could sleep for 28 days!

I'd team up with my buddy Rob. He's been living in the woods for a few weeks a year for fun. He's smart and resourceful.

My ideal goal would be to hide in plain sight. Just screw with the hunters. Now that would be rewarding!

Back
Top Bottom