HR 45, very bad gun control bill in congress

I didn't read the whole thing but this looks like political cannon fodder. It is a boldface unconstitutional law (not even considering the 2A here either) never meant to pass. If it was meant to pass, the whole BS about the interstate commerce crap wouldn't be there. The only way (besides constitutionally protected things) the federal government can regulate state laws effectively is tie funding and appropriations, or crap like the new RealID law where possessors of non compliant IDs can't board planes and trains, etc.

I've been reading it...in some ways I hope they try to push it so we can push back with the shear unconstitutional aspects of the proposed bill. Its got everything in it. Commerce laws for Federal jurisdiction, Federal jurisdiction, violations by legal owners a year to the date it is signed making legal owners criminals who are then unable to own firearms, national registration, sodomy, just kidding on the last one but it feels like it.

This bill was introduced last time around as well, failed then, 0 sponsors to date.

I didn't read the whole thing but this looks like political cannon fodder. It is a boldface unconstitutional law (not even considering the 2A here either) never meant to pass.

I hate to rain on your parade, but considering that it is a shall issue license and registration scheme, that portion would survive Heller scrutiny. As for the vague garbage about knowing if a child could access your guns, etc, that might get overturned. The Democrat's plan post-Heller, as in CA and MA, is to make gun ownership so legally limited and fraught with legal pitfalls, gotchas, frivolous requirements and arcane rules that they virtually extinguish the right without actually taking it away.

Last edited:
I hate to rain on your parade, but considering that it is a shall issue license and registration scheme, that portion would survive Heller scrutiny. As for the vague garbage about knowing if a child could access your guns, etc, that might get overturned. The Democrat's plan post-Heller, as in CA and MA, is to make gun ownership so legally limited and fraught with legal pitfalls, gotchas, frivolous requirements and arcane rules that they virtually extinguish the right without actually taking it away.

This pretty much sums it up. They will try to pull every dirty trick in the book.

Read the commerce clause of the constitution before you do your rain dance. In the meantime I will leave my umbrella at home.

Last edited:
Dozens of such bills are submitted at the start of every legislation session. 99% of them are destined for the circular file, and will never even come up for a vote in committee, let alone get reported out of committee.

Folks, take a deep breath.

No co-sponsors, same racist* marxist a**h*** from Illinois proposes the same bill at the start of every session of congress.

* Bobby Rush, "former" co-founder of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party.

Back
Top Bottom