• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to identify preban norinco ar 15 120 rounds drum?

Plus, anything post-94 is supposed to be marked with the month/year of manufacture.

No date? Pre-ban. Proof of being post ban is on the government entity bringing the charge. That's mentioned in the federal AWB law (long gone).

anyone have any experience using one of these on their AR? I was just reading something that said the Chinese made drums are junk and that they jam up easily. Wouldn't mind having one of these for my AR but not if it does nothing but cause jams or has feed issues.

It has triangle 36

Not all of them do...but if it has it it pretty much a sure thing..
Also lots came in after the ban...ive seen many that are IMO aren't but on such a nuance level noone could say for certan it wasnt preban ..
The plastic beta mags are easierto truely identify, but oncd again IMO arent as good as the Chinese.

I have many exmples in my collection of several diffent styles.

If there not dated and not clearly postban i wouldn't worry aslong as your not paying a rediculius price... which more than likey you are they have a retard value.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone have any experience using one of these on their AR? I was just reading something that said the Chinese made drums are junk and that they jam up easily. Wouldn't mind having one of these for my AR but not if it does nothing but cause jams or has feed issues.
They work great but are heavy..if you load the like the aroura shooter and put 10 15 rounds behind the follower youll only shoot 10/15 round before a jam that cant quickly be cleared

The nutjob must have never tested it.

Anything norinco in the US was banned from import prior to the federal AWB

i can't vouch for the Ar drums but the AK drums are great. People often then men's to belive that norinco made stuff as a whole is crap like the Chinese stuff we have today but their firearms are very good quality. Norinco AK was the smoothest AK I have ever owned/used

- - - Updated - - -

They work great but are heavy..if you load the like the aroura shooter and put 10 15 rounds behind the follower youll only shoot 10/15 round before a jam that cant quickly be cleared

The nutjob must have never tested it.

Good to know.. would like to add one to my collection and actually be able to do more than just say I own one

Back
Top Bottom