How quickly will secession talks start?

Name countries where foreigners can't own property. (Some do restrict WHERE you can own, but most countries you'd even CONSIDER visiting, let alone living in, allow foreigners to buy and possess land.)

Thailand is one of the most known no-foreigners countries. If you REALLY want to, there are ways around it, but they are expensive. . . or illegal. . . . or sometimes both.

Foreigners should not be allowed to own property. America is one of the few countries that allow it, which is a huge mistake. So no. Maybe you can get a visa and rent a place on vacation.

Got it. We just seize any property within the People's Republic that's owned by citizens of the CSA, the TF or the PSoA and we gift any properties owned by OUR citizens in other countries to them.

If New England secedes, it will be a liberal bastion. WE will be the outsiders. And you can't simply dissolve all the property interests MA residents have elsewhere or vice versa.

You want that freedom, move to a free state in the south, THEN secede.

51EzcCcSB-L._AC_US218_.jpg

🤔

Got it. We just seize any property within the People's Republic that's owned by citizens of the CSA, the TF or the PSoA and we gift any properties owned by OUR citizens in other countries to them.

If New England secedes, it will be a liberal bastion. WE will be the outsiders. And you can't simply dissolve all the property interests MA residents have elsewhere or vice versa.

You want that freedom, move to a free state in the south, THEN secede.
One of the thinking problems we have is being moral people. Say New England became the country of New New England why bother respecting racist old land titles from that racist old smelly country that used to be here? Oh sure if you are in with the new government you get to keep your palace and if we take all the peasant shacks it will be disruptive, but the good stuff owned by non New New Englanders we gonna divvy that up among ourselves.

One of the thinking problems we have is being moral people. Say New England became the country of New New England why bother respecting racist old land titles from that racist old smelly country that used to be here? Oh sure if you are in with the new government you get to keep your palace and if we take all the peasant shacks it will be disruptive, but the good stuff owned by non New New Englanders we gonna divvy that up among ourselves.

Spoken like someone that does NOT own a vacation home in another state. (hey, neither do I. Yet)

Also sounds a tad like "gimme reparations" and "I don't like the President so I'm gonna riot tonight and loot me a Cheesecake Factory! And new Kicks, too!"

Spoken like someone that does NOT own a vacation home in another state. (hey, neither do I. Yet)

Also sounds a tad like "gimme reparations" and "I don't like the President so I'm gonna riot tonight and loot me a Cheesecake Factory! And new Kicks, too!"
I used to, it was in enemy territory so it had to be disposed of. If you are going to respect current landowners land titles after becoming a new country shouldn't we give America or parts of America back to the British?

I used to, it was in enemy territory so it had to be disposed of. If you are going to respect current landowners land titles after becoming a new country shouldn't we give America or parts of America back to the British?

I'm confused. Are you personally a resident of Mass? Do you think that you are other than a fractional minority?

Mass is almost purely left. The surrounding states are BETTER, but still tip blue, politically. The only way New England secedes is if TRUMP wins 2020.

Anyway, AS a minority, how exactly do you plan to take all these out-of-state- owned properties? [rofl] And how much support do you think you'll get from the three other righties in Mass when they realize their vaca homes in Florida are going to be seized by the OTHER side?

Or are you somewhere in the south and think you'll claim Northerner's vacation homes. Yeah. That's it. That's the move.

You might as well join antifa. Same mindset...

Can we at least loot somewhere with better food that Cheesecake Factory???

I'm confused. Are you personally a resident of Mass? Do you think that you are other than a fractional minority?

Mass is almost purely left. The surrounding states are BETTER, but still tip blue, politically. The only way New England secedes is if TRUMP wins 2020.

Anyway, AS a minority, how exactly do you plan to take all these out-of-state- owned properties? [rofl] And how much support do you think you'll get from the three other righties in Mass when they realize their vaca homes in Florida are going to be seized by the OTHER side?

Or are you somewhere in the south and think you'll claim Northerner's vacation homes. Yeah. That's it. That's the move.

You might as well join antifa. Same mindset...
Not me personally. I am not expecting to take anything. I am saying whatever government the new territory ended up with has no reason to respect previous now foreign titles to land. Writing in first person was a mistake.

In another discussion I suggested splitting up the US into four new countries, but with some sort of EU style agreements where we could travel and mingle as we like, but still have separate governments...

View attachment 408187

The Confederate States of America
The Texan Federation
The Pacific States of Amerika
The People's Republic of New England

That's just a quick and dirty sketch. The actual map and names could be quite different, with the lines between them delimiting regional philosophy.
Split it 50 ways. Oh, wait...
What is needed is more states rights. Start with going back to no direct election of senators.

Back
Top Bottom