• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Not to Attack an Armed Veteran

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
I just love a story with a happy ending.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/17/how-not-to-attack-an-armed-veteran/

Lawler moved his girlfriend out of the line of attack and immediately – and in full view of DeCosta – broke out his 9 mm Glock and informed the knife wielding assailant that he was going to have a very bad day unless he backed off immediately...Lawler leveled the Glock and fired once, hitting DeCosta in the groin.
[shocked] Ouch.

Incidentally, this isn't the first time Lawler has made news...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...he-gun-in-car-search?highlight=william+lawler

A firearms instructor shooting 5-6 feet and he hits the guy in the nuts....

This guy has a twisted sense of humor, lol.

This was actually a lot more sportsmanlike than Lawler really needed to be. Issuing multiple verbal warnings and then restricting himself to only one round and not firing to kill (though DeCosta might wish he had later on) was a lot more than the attacker had any right to expect.
I'm not sure about that "not firing to kill" part. The perp was very lucky to survive a shot to the groin. The femoral artery is there, makes for a very quick bleed out.

Glad Lawler and his girlfriend are ok. I wonder if he shot down and low because of others in the supermarket parking lot? Pathmark Supermarket on Frankford Ave in Philly at 5:30pm must have been a busy place.

Ballsy move pulling a knife on a guy with a gun....not so much anymore

nice shooting, took a pair of balls shooting like that.

probably had wad cutters in the Glock

Guy will need to grow a pair before he pulls a knife again

"you don't have the balls to try that again......seriously. "

Last edited:
I can't even imagine getting one in the wedding tackle. That's gotta hurt something fierce. Too bad the douchebag didn't die. Now the taxpayers get to support him.

Back
Top Bottom