How much do you reload?

How many rounds does everyone reload in say one caliber before you say,thats good.Or do you ever get to that point?

i personally don't ever think i have enough. I'll reload all the brass i can get components for. The way i see it,it's not going to get any cheaper so buy what you can now.

I don't have the time to regularly go to the range, and I don't partake in an shooting sports, so I don't really have a high demand for ammo. I do genuinely enjoy the process of reloading, in and of itself, though. So I tend to just make a 50 round batch every few days, whether I need the ammo or not.

When I have a loading session I like to do 200-500 rounds every session.

Only time I do less than that is if I'm working up a new load or something.

-Mike

anywhere from 200-2000. depends what i'm loading.

after the last session of ~ 1600 9mm, i stepped away, and actually havent even looked at the press for about 2 weeks now.

I usually start reloading when i'm bored and cant sleep, and keep going till i'm tired. this usually puts out about 150-200 rounds. as far as stopping my production cause my ammo box is full. never happened, I think I would just go out and get another storage unit for my ammo or start making battle packs for my bug out bag.

REALLY depends on the round.....

For example:

I do a lot of 9mm shooting. I have 5,000 rounds in the safe, and shoot over 500 a week. Doesn't take long to eat into the inventory. When it gets to about 1/2 that (2500 pcs), I get the press out, and run, run, run.... I have 10,000 bullets I am waiting for (this week or next), and have 15,000 small pistol primers already here. I have 16 pounds of Titegroup. I have 60,000 empty pcs of 9mm brass. 8,000 pcs are already cleaned. So, the answer on that one is "How much time can I devote?" I'm going to strive to get the qty up to, say , 10,000 rounds in the safe. That might last a while before I have to reload again.

On the other hand, I have 1800 (approx two ammo cans full) rounds of 5.56 reloaded in the safe. I just shot 400 the other day, and so I am worried that I will run short. Have 10,000 bullets already here, 15,000 primers here, and 32 pounds (four x 8# kegs) of BLC(2) powder shipped today. I also have 30,000+ pcs of Lake City mil brass 5.56, and another 6,000 pcs of commercial brass. The commercial stuff is already polished. As soon as powder arrives, I will devote some time, hoping to put at least 5000 rounds of that in the safe ASAP.

REALLY depends on the round.....

For example:

I do a lot of 9mm shooting. I have 5,000 rounds in the safe, and shoot over 500 a week. Doesn't take long to eat into the inventory. When it gets to about 1/2 that (2500 pcs), I get the press out, and run, run, run.... I have 10,000 bullets I am waiting for (this week or next), and have 15,000 small pistol primers already here. I have 16 pounds of Titegroup. I have 60,000 empty pcs of 9mm brass. 8,000 pcs are already cleaned. So, the answer on that one is "How much time can I devote?" I'm going to strive to get the qty up to, say , 10,000 rounds in the safe. That might last a while before I have to reload again.

On the other hand, I have 1800 (approx two ammo cans full) rounds of 5.56 reloaded in the safe. I just shot 400 the other day, and so I am worried that I will run short. Have 10,000 bullets already here, 15,000 primers here, and 32 pounds (four x 8# kegs) of BLC(2) powder shipped today. I also have 30,000+ pcs of Lake City mil brass 5.56, and another 6,000 pcs of commercial brass. The commercial stuff is already polished. As soon as powder arrives, I will devote some time, hoping to put at least 5000 rounds of that in the safe ASAP.

I think I just sported wood[rofl]

I reload about a hour a night instead of watching the news. Right now I'm reloading every piece of empty brass I have and will do that until June when I stop reloading until the end of Sept.

Rifle, 50-100 : Handgun 100-200, per session.
I only load what I need for the immediate future, usually a week's supply.
With the current shortages of components, I prefer to not dedicate too much resources to any one caliber.
I load for more than 30 calibers.

I might cast 250 to 500 bullets in say, .30 caliber. Since I load for .308, 30-06, 30-30, 7.5 Swiiss, and 7.62 Russian, the bullets can be used in any of these cartridges when I need them. In other words, I can stock fewer components than if I had loaded all of the different cartridges ahead of time. I don't think that I have any calibers that do not share either powders, primers, or bullets with another caliber. I recent times I have even taken to buying mostly powders that have a wide range of applications, such as Unique, 4895, and 4198.

Jack

I load to feed my habit. That is about 400 rounds per week of pistol usually (40). I used to load a lot of 223, but now I do most of this practice with a dedicated 22LR upper.

I don't change calibers until I have at least 4-5000 cases of the next caliber. I can shoot twice a week until Obama is out of office,even if he gets reelected but if I find more brass, I load it.

Back
Top Bottom