• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many round do you pack when conceal carry? [NOT GAY]

Just picked up a couple 15rd G43x mags from Shield Arms, but have yet to test them out. So I’m hoping 30+1 on my person, with a couple of the 10rd mags stashed in the center console. Fencer, great idea about the extra box of ammo in the get home bag!

All you need is one. So what ever is the capacity of the gun you carry. Are you really in a situation that you will be in some sort of fire fight or are you a really bad shot?

I either carry my shield with 8 rounds or my G19 with 15. I’m not fighting crime so I don’t feel the need to carry extra mags, but that’s just me. I do have a G17 permanently stationed in a lock box in my truck with 3 17 round mags good to go with belt & holster if SHTF and I’m away from home.

All you need is one. So what ever is the capacity of the gun you carry. Are you really in a situation that you will be in some sort of fire fight or are you a really bad shot?
Statistically this is true, unless youre the poor bastard who ends up being the one-in-a-million. FBI says the average gunfight lasts 3.x rounds or something like that? So theoretically, we wont even need 1 full mag, never mind a spare. But...you never know.

Also if some sort of malfunction happens, I'd rather have a spare mag than not. Tbh, regardless of anything, I'd rather have a spare than not.

Went from 5 shot revolver with 1 speed strip, to P365 with 10+1, both in pocket holsters. If I thought it could get rough, I have 3 - 12 rnd mags I could pack, but I don`t go out much these days.

Normally i carry a G19 with 16 rounds, but these days i added a spare 19 rounder. Its no harder to add a spare as long as im not going to work where I cant carry. Seems like easy insurance whether or not i need 19 more rounds - just as easily i could simply need another mag if i have a malfunction.

G27... 9+1+2 spare mags=28. Old school Federal 180 Hydra Shok. Too bad that the Pearce +1 floor plates don't really seem to give +1 capacity (for this application). I have three or four and only one seems to actually hold an additional round. I use them on the spares to orient the two mags in my left rear pocket so that they are always pointing in the same direction (bullets pointing to the left). Mag in gun has stock floor plate for additional room in right front pocket. I use a Desantis Superfly holster which breaks up the outline of the gun.

1911 in left pocket , 1 mag in the right....dont even know if they are 7 or 8 round mags

1911 in left pocket , 1 mag in the right....dont even know if they are 7 or 8 round mags

"You must be asking yourself, 'did he shoot five or did he shoot six?' Because, rightly, I don't know myself, I have so many damned mags at home, I just slap one in without paying attention. Christ knows what I do at 0-dark 030 in the morning. Did I or did I not have a senior moment? So you gotta ask yourself. Do you feel lucky, punk?"

I’m curious why OP had to put NOT GAY in all caps in the thread title, as it has nothing to do with the question.

IMO

yes ... ( let me move back to my man type color)

it’s like when someone tells you how smart they are.............if you are smart, people will notice, if not that smart, ;)you will tell people you are.....hoping to convince them

OP is scared that others perceive his choices as representative of what he considers a deviant sexual lifestyle. Because he's afraid others will think less of him he gets proactively defensive.

Oscar Wilde might have earnest insights about this behavior. The rest of us couldn't care less.

OP is scared that others perceive his choices as representative of what he considers a deviant sexual lifestyle. Because he's afraid others will think less of him he gets proactively defensive.

Oscar Wilde might have earnest insights about this behavior. The rest of us couldn't care less.
“No no, I swear I was just trying to figure out if you were carrying appendix”

I don't really see me getting into a long drawn out gun battle. 1 - 10 round mag one in the pipe. I figure before I get through 11 rounds either they'll be dead or I'll be. No point taking the chance in supplying extra ammo to my enemy.

Back
Top Bottom