How many people in MA have FID/LTC?

I take it you aren't a member of GOAL!

Check the GOAL website www.goal.org and you'll find "before" and "after" (the 1998 law change) LTC and FID numbers.

My best guess SWAG would be ~300K LTC/FID holders now in MA.

When I attended the Larry Frisoli gathering last month Jim Wallace stated that there were 270,000 gun owners in MA. For the record... I didn't hear if he said "licensed gun owners" or just "gun owners".

Well, I can no longer find those numbers either on GOAL's website. The page may have been removed or hidden from easy access in the re-write of the website. A call to GOAL can get you that info. 508-393-5333

However off the top of my head . . .

- There were ~1.5Million LTC/FIDs combined out there prior to 1998. NOTE: Many of us had both and folks that moved away/died still showed as "active FID" holders since they were for lifetime.

- There are somewhere around 300K combined licenses today.

Many "gave it up", never bothered, or still believe that their "lifetime FID" is valid for home possession (NOT true), plus MANY became retro-actively lifetime disqualified by the new 1998 law.

Thanks for the color LenS. I figured the number would have came down a lot. I thought the FID was lifetime for a few years after they changed the law. I imagine that most people that didn't qualify under new LTC requirements have just kept quiet about it. Seems unlikely that the regulations will lighten up much with the Mass. political climate.

Back
Top Bottom