How many crimes solved with the MA CHSB registry?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
There was an article about how Canada just scrapped their long gun registry, which had somehow managed to cost $2.7 billion (how?) and had never
been used to solve a single murder.

Got me wondering, how many crimes have been solved with the MA firearms registry. I'd like to know. I somehow doubt the 'civil servants' involved
would ever produce an honest answer however.

None. As far as I've seen that database is only ever used as a tool to harass dealers and gun owners with, particularly gun owners with 209a's pending on them.

-Mike

I would be amazed if it ever solved any crime.

It does provide jobs for the state to hand out. It does provide another tool to harass gun owners. It does make politicians feel all warm and cuddly that they're doing something about "gun crime."

So I guess it's fulfilling its intended purpose.

But but but... if there is a chance that even ONE CHILD will be saved by this, it doesn't matter if $100 billion had to be spent to do so. Why won't anyone think of the children! Why!!

None. As far as I've seen that database is only ever used as a tool to harass dealers and gun owners with, particularly gun owners with 209a's pending on them.

-Mike

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! That is the only purpose for that database because most people bent on doing bad things are not going to be using their legally acquired firearms anyway. It just makes it easier to prevent domestic "crimes" from occurring when your soon to be ex wants to shack up with another dude.[laugh]

I went to the statehouse to look at all the letters in opposition to the old GOAL bill and the director of the CHSB sent in some sniveling letter opposing common sense reform.

Back
Top Bottom