How long will your ears ring?

i was semi sympathetic at one point but come on, this shit is gonna happen at some point if you're shooting on a regular basis. what do they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. take up knitting or ceramics if noise pollution via stupidity bothers you.

PLEASE-PLEASE Guys and girls! protect your hearing while you have it. Just because the ringing goes away after a few days don't think you have not caused permanent damage, it creeps up on you. I have permanent damage from years of shooting and not wearing protection on construction jobs. I just spent $5000.00 on hearing aids just so I can hear the TV and most conversation, It's not the same as your natural hearing. Please protect it while you have it!

Sorry to hear that Jay. I've had plenty of single shot incidents, and had my ears bumped off on a line in a Carbine class... That hurt. I think my experience (and hearing issues) mirror most here in that it's been a cumulative issue. I can't pinpoint one event that did it. It's why I'm putting a lot more $$ into my earpro before I have even more problems.

One shot did it for me. Ears ringing (more than usual) muffled hearing, like having cotton in them. Doctor said I should have came to office or ER within hours after it happened. I waited a week before calling. You may think your hearing gets better but it's just your brain making new threshold adjustment. After adjustment, the damage is permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a giant sign and warning handouts stating that attending this event can result in permanent hearing loss, which would be the truth, just to cover the lawyers. And also to explain to the children in the future why attending dad's or a friends event caused cumulative damage that resulted in tinnitus and hearing loss.
You're going to a shooting event and surprised that it's loud? Did you sue McDonald's a few years ago because your coffee was too hot? Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom