• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long for your FFL to allow you to pick up?

How long does your go to FFL take from the time of receiving to the time of contacting you to let you know that it's ready? I have a bad taste in my mouth after two dealings with a local FFL and I'm just curious what the average wait time is.

Usually most of the good ones want to get rid of it in a few days or less. You need to give them at least a day or so to get that shit logged in though, even if the shipping tracking shows it as being "there" it may not be logged in yet. Sometimes dealers get ambushed with shit and it takes them awhile. I usually would give mine a few days to call me before I bothered calling them.

-Mike

Usually the ones I deal with call me when UPS arrives. Sometimes they wait until they've checked it into their books sometimes they tell me it's arrived and just to give them a little time to check it in. Always same day as UPS arriving though.

I had an FFL forget to tell me a gun arrived. I only found out about it a few months later when the guy I was getting from asked me "how did you like the shotgun?".

Usually most of the good ones want to get rid of it in a few days or less. You need to give them at least a day or so to get that shit logged in though, even if the shipping tracking shows it as being "there" it may not be logged in yet. Sometimes dealers get ambushed with shit and it takes them awhile. I usually would give mine a few days to call me before I bothered calling them.

-Mike
That's usually what I do too, but twice it's been over 3 days. I called and was asked to wait another day. It gets pretty annoying when all I'm doing is trying to support the shop the most I can by giving them all of my business when I can go to another shop and have it within a day or two.

How long does your go to FFL take from the time of receiving to the time of contacting you to let you know that it's ready? I have a bad taste in my mouth after two dealings with a local FFL and I'm just curious what the average wait time is.

I always take the initiative. Keep on them and ask. Try to make sure you have a tracking number if it's a private sale or from a bigger FFL.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the ups tracking info . Then show up at his shop yelling take my money . I thought every one dose that ......

+1

When I've had stuff sent to a local FFL, they usually call me the same day that tracking shows that it arrived. The last time they called before the tracking even got updated.

The last shipped item I had arrived at about 12:15 PM on a weekday. I called when I left work at 6:00 PM and said, "I got an email it was delivered, can I come pick it up?" and was told absolutely. About 25 minutes later, it was in my hand.

The gun shop told me that I shouldn't go to the shop until I'm contacted by them to come pick it up

Reminds me of those Liberty Mutual commercials, "Maybe the better question is, why do you still use that shop?"

It's possible they tried contacting you. When I contact people to pick up their shit I don't leave messages intentionally. I left a message one time and they guys wife got it and next thing you know I had her calling me freaking out about how I can't sell her husband anymore guns and that I had to give him his money back. Luckily I was quick on my feet and told her that it was just a firearm that he had repaired and already owned [rofl]

but as mentioned above, sometimes shit comes up and they can't call you right away it's election season and there is talk of gun control so us dealers have been very busy

It's possible they tried contacting you. When I contact people to pick up their shit I don't leave messages intentionally. I left a message one time and they guys wife got it and next thing you know I had her calling me freaking out about how I can't sell her husband anymore guns and that I had to give him his money back. Luckily I was quick on my feet and told her that it was just a firearm that he had repaired and already owned [rofl]

but as mentioned above, sometimes shit comes up and they can't call you right away it's election season and there is talk of gun control so us dealers have been very busy
I called this morning so that's out of the question. The guy literally said give us another day. It's a shotgun for crying out loud I just want my gun

That's just sad there, for the husband/customer.

I called this morning so that's out of the question. The guy literally said give us another day. It's a shotgun for crying out loud I just want my gun

Ya, some are quick, some are lazy and could careless if u ever get ur gun. They just don't want to do the paper work, laziness, thats when i move on.

Well played, sir, well played.

Just for the record, this shop is in Worcester

This thread is useless without....outing them.

Back
Top Bottom