• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Glock became America's gun

Further proof that mainstream media knows nothing about firearms. Here's the play by play:

• cops used to carry firearms desgined in the 1800s known as revolvers
  • now cops carry automatic glocks invented in the 80s because criminals have them and they can unleash a rain of bullets unlike any other gun in history
  • even an ignorent reporter can shoot one flawlessly with just 5 min of instructions
  • glocks are really popular and in movies
  • glocks are evil killing machines unlike anything else
  • glock doesn't like to talk about this

How Glock became America's gun - CBS News

a few points they missed:

• autoloading pistols date back to the 1800s too (maybe someone can find a reference on this) but the still popluar today 1911 design is over 100 years old
  • glocks are popular with governments/cops because they are cheap
  • there was a shift to autoloaders when the defense philosophy changed to prefer handguns with smaller calibers but larger capacity (e.g. 15 rounds of 9 mm) instead of fewer rounds of large caliber (e.g. 6 rounds of 357 mag). Beretta lead this concept with their model 92 in the 70s. Now many people have compromised on the 40 (e.g. 12 rounds).
  • glock is the largest handgun manufacturer by far but there aren't a whole lot of companies that just make handguns so in that sense they're in a category almost by themselves
  • most people can learn to shoot a small caliber handgun and hit a target 15 feet away in under 5 min with proper instruction
  • movie stars that speak out against firearms use them in their movies all the time to make lots of money

Last edited:
I saw the last few minutes of that this morning. I love that they were trying to tie Glocks to heavy criminal use. They tried to make Glock sound like a shadowy company as well which I thought was weird.

• unlike the 1911, it's a user-friendly, idiot proof, auto-loading pistol that works 99.9% of the time when mass produced.
  • which is why Glock took over the market
  • and that is what made Glock the largest handgun manufacturer by far

Interesting piece.

I carried a full size 1911 for a few years. I refused to shoot a Glock because I thought they were ugly. I then shot my friend's Glocks a few times to shut them up. Yada, yada, yada....I now own a herd of Glocks, & my 1911's are sitting idle, clean, & well lubed in the safe.

Back
Top Bottom