how do you think the job market will be this year?

Jobs measured by listings are up. The measured uptick in unemployment was considered to be influenced by more people looking for work, which means in some cases their benefits are up. Other part of it is the 'given up looking' folks are looking again and measured as unemployed. Housing pricing and sales are going up in a bunch of places. There is optimism out there...

I am only 22 but I can tell you that the place where I work recently just hired a bunch of people for the summer (probably 20) after not hiring anyone for months.

I think that the market will probably improve some. I know at my work they have quite a few open positions in various areas of the company however some of these openings are due to attrition of employees that transitioned to our newer building from another one closer to their homes. I've been looking every now and then for work closer to my house and I just can't seem to find anything decent compared to what I have now. I see a lot of temporary and contract type positions open at places.

Hey,"the sun is still shining". SURE, everything better!

Sorry, Yes actually I do think it will be improved. But there are still many looking, so im most fields expect competition.

Back
Top Bottom