how do I....

How do I tell my soon to be Company Commander to F off when his good ideas keep getting in the way..... How can I say it w/o him bringing the pain?

Oh boy.....

Honestly, preface the conversation with "all due respect", then state your case plainly. Don't mix your words, but do not be inappropriate or disrespectful. Officers love listening to the Good Idea Fairy (GIF), especially LTs, s godspeed.

Oh boy.....

Honestly, preface the conversation with "all due respect", then state your case plainly. Don't mix your words, but do not be inappropriate or disrespectful. Officers love listening to the Good Idea Fairy (GIF), especially LTs, s godspeed.

My first thought on the OP's question, was he was asking an impossible question.....but I was just an Enlisted Man![rofl]

Win his allegiance and you stand a chance of winning his head over to a new idea. If he thinks you respect him (and his ideas), he'll be more prone to listening to you. Trust me: nothing is harder than trying to give someone advice that suspects you don't like them (or the decisions they make). Best of luck!

Have a word with the First Sergeant and if he is unwilling, talk to the sergeant major on the side. Happened to me a few times, and any senior enlisted worth his salt would do it. After all, a key job of a fist shirt is to keep the officers out of trouble.

A good way of getting the CO to change his mind is to tactfully point out that the new method he is proposing might not be in his best interests. That will always get you a follow-up "why" question. This gives you your one-and-only chance to get things changed.

After that, it is "Yes Sir" and do your best to support him.

Lou Braun (retired Command Master Chief)

Well the good news is that theres a new commander.... I am a Warrant now, was an E-5 so that makes life a little easy. The old guy was on par with the commander of Eco in Band Of Brothers......

Back
Top Bottom