How about a chat room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen on other boards that they have something like a chat room at the top of the main page of the board or one some where on the board.

Could we get something like that? It seems a lot of people are always online and looking around, I think it would be cool to have some sort of a chat room.

Any one agree?

I think it would be a good idea. Maybe just keep that chat room to chit chat, and members can still post in the forums if they have any serious questions.

The problem is going to be moderation. A chat room will need a full-time moderator; not because we're control freaks, but because anything posted on anything associated with this forum is a reflection on all of us as gun owners.

I'm not worried about the regular posters (well, most of them). It's the troll control that's going to suck.

If you want to start a chat room, start a chat room. It doesn't have to be sponsored by NES. Go to AIM or where ever they do that stuff and have at it.

Hi I'm Chris Hansen. Have a seat. You thirsty, have a drink.....

The problem is going to be moderation. A chat room will need a full-time moderator; not because we're control freaks, but because anything posted on anything associated with this forum is a reflection on all of us as gun owners.

I'm not worried about the regular posters (well, most of them). It's the troll control that's going to suck.

I like to chat,I'll moderate it !

IMO all it's going to do is punish people who can't use a keyboard quickly, among other things.... not to mention people might say things in there
that they otherwise wouldn't post, because it's tempting to just type something.

Not to mention there's no archival of any of the discussion that would go on there, it would just be a continuous scroll of garbage. One of the BEST features of NES is that there is a lot of old material on this board that is incredibly useful. I think a chat room would diminish some of that.

I was an IRC nut for years. It was a fun medium, but not for this kind of thing. I just don't see what a chat room gets NES. The board IS
basically real time- so what's the problem? [laugh]

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom