How a Marine Veteran Looks Before & After Hiking All 2000 Miles of Appalachian Trail

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
GjmTxm7.jpg

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/188375-marine-vet-gives-everything/

Back before I got lazy and fat, 3-5 day trips in the White mountains and the Allagash happened 6-8 times per year. I know there was a difference from the beginning to end of those, I can't imagine what that kind of trip would do to me. Good job Marine, hat's off!

I don't think it so much increased muscle mass, as carved away the surrounding fat, making it far more defined.

Kind of like how small potatoes make the meat look larger, amirite? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Suprisingly, the legs look about the same. Must have traded fat for muscle.

Except for whatever sun damage to the skin, he'll be back to looking like "before" within a year.

Must'v been a great experience.

I have a friend who through hiked the AT a few years back. He said the worst part was from when he hit the Presidentials to when he was standing on top of Katahdin...your mind starts playing games with you, that you're nearing the end but the last month is the worst, elevation wise, insect wise, isolation wise, crossing brooks/rivers/ponds. He also said that Mahoosuc notch is called hell mile...strewn with house sized boulders and no way around them. You either go over them or under them...he also said Katahdin was no cake walk either. He said that fortunately you are in peak condition once you hit the whites but it's still not easy.

Back
Top Bottom