• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Bill 2248

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/186/ht02pdf/ht02248.pdf

section 2

and that the applicant has a good, specific and compelling reason to fear injury to his person or property,

property???

and down at the bottomof the text;
has not successfully completed a firearms safety course of at least twenty hours, including a minimum of four hours of practical shooting instruction at a firing range that has been approved by the secretary of public safety or his designee

24 hours????

No, 20 hours, including a minimum 4 hours practical shooting.

That means you could have 16 hours of class-room work plus 4 hours of range work.

Just wanted to point out, any bill that has an "H" before it has to get through not just the house, but also the Senate, it has a long way to go before we have to worry about this one.

I would tend to think that there should still be enough lawmakers in the House that actually think logically, and would stab this bill through the heart. The whole requirement to carry insurance is what gets me the most riled up.

MA already requires all drivers maintain Automotive Insurance and all residents maintain Health Care insurance. I wouldn't dismiss the bill because it requires those with a license to carry to maintain personal liability insurance.

requires those with a license to carry to maintain personal liability insurance.
Surely premiums would vary in accordance with various restrictions placed on the LTC.

What!? That won't be the case?

Back
Top Bottom