Hornady LNL Ejector Wire Question

HI Guys,

First post on the site. I started reloading this winter and purchsed an Hornady LNL. Is there a secret to adjusting the ejector wire? About half the rounds get jammed/stuck on the wire. If I don't help them out they get shot out of the plate holder.

TIA

Marc

Try polishing the wire with very fine 600 grit paper. I havn't had a problem since it did mine.

If you reloading 9mm, Glock talk has a sticky in the reloading section on how to bevel the shell plate to make it work better.

Try polishing the wire with very fine 600 grit paper. I havn't had a problem since it did mine.

If you reloading 9mm, Glock talk has a sticky in the reloading section on how to bevel the shell plate to make it work better.

Yeah 9mm is the most tricky. For 9mm close the loop a bit where it goes under the bolt on the shellplate. Then set the wire so that it just barely touches the case on the last stage. This worked well for me. Sometimes when I don't set it up right it's just as easy to just pull the cartridge out manually while grabbing another case.

If you go to THR and search on "ejector wire" you'll find lots of threads and posts on how to get your LnL running right, with all kinds of fixes for the ejector wire and other problems.

thanks guys. I tried polishing the wire and bending the hook, no luck. I'll try the High Road.

Thanks again

Marc

I polished the wire and the shell plate holder, loaded 20 cartridges and no more problems.

Marc

Back
Top Bottom