• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady 9mm dies & Shell Plate

I don't know why but I got the urge to load 9mm. I already had around 300 cases saved so I ordered 1000 more cases and 1500 moly coated 147gr. bullets.

So after I put the order in I went looking for Hornady Dies and a Shell Plate. 6 places had them on back order. One place that had them won't sell to Ma. Hornady won't sell dies to the public any more just shell plates.

Is there any where local that sell Hornady Shell Plates and Dies?

Cabelas in CT does. Why not stop by your local shop and order some. May I ask why you ordered moly coated pistol pills?

I tried Cabelas already and they were on back order. The only reason I ordered the moly coated was they were a good deal and I got free shipping plus I never tried them before.

Is there a problem with using them for shooting at the range?

I tried Cabelas already and they were on back order. The only reason I ordered the moly coated was they were a good deal and I got free shipping plus I never tried them before.

Is there a problem with using them for shooting at the range?

None that I am aware of. Just usually only see rifle bullets coated with moly.

I found every thing in one place, in a small store in Il. it only took me 3 days of searching.

I can't believe that Hornady says, they won't sell dies to the general public because there so far behind because of the demand. They sell every single thing else but the dies. I was in a hurry because I wanted the 100 free bullets you get when you buy their dies.

A guy at Hornady told me that the demand for their press and dies is incredibile and they can't believe it and not only are they opening a large new plant and keeping the old one running they also have every independent machine shop that they could hire from 5 different states making stuff for them and it's still not enough.

A guy at Hornady told me that the demand for their press and dies is incredibile and they can't believe it and not only are they opening a large new plant and keeping the old one running they also have every independent machine shop that they could hire from 5 different states making stuff for them and it's still not enough.

That's good, they have a great product and services.. only downside is that means more people are competing for brass. [frown]

Back
Top Bottom