Hooray for my permit!

I get to pick up my LTC tomorrow!! I have no idea what (if any) restrictions are on it, but I'll find out bright and early tomorrow morning, so wish me luck....

From everything I've read on the forums, Medford was surprisingly timely for me...3 weeks from application drop off to getting printed, 7 1/2 weeks from getting printed to picking up my permit...not too shabby...

Now i have to make all of the hard decisions...what should my first addition to the collection be....hmmmmmm [smile]

I get to pick up my LTC tomorrow!! I have no idea what (if any) restrictions are on it, but I'll find out bright and early tomorrow morning, so wish me luck....

From everything I've read on the forums, Medford was surprisingly timely for me...3 weeks from application drop off to getting printed, 7 1/2 weeks from getting printed to picking up my permit...not too shabby...

Now i have to make all of the hard decisions...what should my first addition to the collection be....hmmmmmm [smile]

Gratz. I envy the feeling you have about "rubbing the hands together" in thinking about the first purchase. Mmm.....calibres.....*slobbers*

I'm kind of torn. I'm a 1911 kind of guy, and I do love .45....but I'd really like to get into the USPSA/IDPA shooting, and shooting .45 for that seems fiscally irresponsible (considering my general lack of extra funds)...so I'm thinking 9mm is probably a solid start for competition

I shot a Sig 226 as part of my basic safety course, and I really liked it, so I might go with one of those, but I'm definitely up for other suggestions, and if anyone has something particular that they'd be willing to let me try out, I'm happy to pay for my own ammo (of course)

I'm kind of torn. I'm a 1911 kind of guy, and I do love .45....but I'd really like to get into the USPSA/IDPA shooting, and shooting .45 for that seems fiscally irresponsible (considering my general lack of extra funds)...so I'm thinking 9mm is probably a solid start for competition

I shot a Sig 226 as part of my basic safety course, and I really liked it, so I might go with one of those, but I'm definitely up for other suggestions, and if anyone has something particular that they'd be willing to let me try out, I'm happy to pay for my own ammo (of course)

Congrats on your new permit! S&W makes a great looking full size 1911 in 9mm that could be an option for you. i own a p226 and love it, can't go wrong with a sig

Did you put any specific need on your application? We have Medford listed as a Red town..but almost every here from Medford,except one that I know of, have gotten unrestricted. I remember the detective telling me I was "very lucky to get no restrictions" and to be careful. Could it be age or occupation related? Either way CONGRATS!

Kid Presentable is right SW makes a nice 1911 in 9mm - almost purchased one myself.
Once you get settled in with your first couple purchases you may want to consider reloading ... it has made my gun hobby more financially acceptable and its a great way to spend a rainy day when you can't be at the range :)

Did you put any specific need on your application? We have Medford listed as a Red town..but almost every here from Medford,except one that I know of, have gotten unrestricted. I remember the detective telling me I was "very lucky to get no restrictions" and to be careful. Could it be age or occupation related? Either way CONGRATS!

I didn't have a specific need in the application (I just put ALP in the reasons for application box), but I did include a letter to the Chief stating that I prefered the Class A ALP because I wanted to be able to maintain complete control of the firearm at all times (i.e. I wouldn't have to lock the firearm in the trunk of my car and leave it unattended if I stopped for lunch on the way home from the range, etc.)

It might be age related...I turned 25 in between getting printed and picking up my license, and my license issue date is my birthday, but its definitely not employment related

I've been thinking about Harvard Sportsmen's Club (they have the IDPA team), but something closer would be nice...I work in Woburn, so Mass Rifle is super convenient, and I also shoot Trap and Skeet, which they have as well

I haven't really looked into it too closely though...work has been crazy lately

I didn't have a specific need in the application (I just put ALP in the reasons for application box), but I did include a letter to the Chief stating that I prefered the Class A ALP because I wanted to be able to maintain complete control of the firearm at all times (i.e. I wouldn't have to lock the firearm in the trunk of my car and leave it unattended if I stopped for lunch on the way home from the range, etc.)

That's an excellent turn of phrase.....

+1

I've been thinking about Harvard Sportsmen's Club (they have the IDPA team), but something closer would be nice...I work in Woburn, so Mass Rifle is super convenient, and I also shoot Trap and Skeet, which they have as well

I haven't really looked into it too closely though...work has been crazy lately

MRA is really convenient...10 minute drive from Medford....and there's a Wendy's on the way!! [smile]

Congrats. It's a big deal the day you get that license.

Now, I want to know if you think the Chief would have denied you if he saw your screen name here??? J/K, though strange, and I want to know why, it certianly shouldn't prevent you from a LTC> I'm just busting chops.

Gratz on Restrictions: none. Might wish to post that in the "Guide to gun rights" sticky thread.

As for decisions? Heh, when you can't decide, take the best course of action...Buy 'em all.

Back
Top Bottom