Holy crumb! This girl can carry a full size 1911

So the (soon to be) hubby is down to the People's Republic today, so he left his gun for me. I have my own, but I'm waiting on a custom holster for my 45 and the fabric one is junk so my choices are usually a little gun on the person, or a big one nearby. Or both.

Since its a nice day to air out the house, I thought it best to carry the cannon. The full size 1911 in a Galco holster with a Galco belt tucks it in so nicely that I want to get one of my own! Add a cover shirt, and I bet very few would detect it!

Photo27.jpg

Last edited:
I carry enough extra weight via my emergency reserves that I shouldn't complain about a full size pistol! I think the two most surprising parts are:

1) a full size pistol with a relatively slim profile, when compared to the length, smoothes out the profile

2) a REAL gun belt and a well made holster make a world of difference. I can't wait until I get my Mitch Rosen for my carry gun. It's funny, I've spent ballpark $100 on a nice leather (professional) work belt before and looked at it as the cost of doing business (literally). I squirmed about paying the same for the Galco contour gun belt, but am so happy I did.

It does tuck in very nicely into your curves but for some of us with extra rolls it probably would not tuck in as well. LOL

So the (soon to be) hubby is down to the People's Republic today, so he left his gun for me. I have my own, but I'm waiting on a custom holster for my 45 and the fabric one is junk so my choices are usually a little gun on the person, or a big one nearby. Or both.

Since its a nice day to air out the house, I thought it best to carry the cannon. The full size 1911 in a Galco holster with a Galco belt tucks it in so nicely that I want to get one of my own! Add a cover shirt, and I bet very few would detect it!

[/IMG]

1911s are very easy to conceal and anyone can do it, contrary to the advice/opinions of those who have never really carried one....good luck![grin]

I find my 5" SA Milspec to be very comfortable to carry IWB. The weight gets old by the end of the day, and the length makes the muzzle end dig uncomfortably into the outside of my thigh/hip area. One of these days I want to try out a Commander or Officer's size. I bet it's delightful to carry IWB.

That's great.. I find that I can conceal a full size better than a compact myself.. I think it must be the curves[grin]

Love it. Not sure I could draw a weapon that was seated up in my armpit though. [rofl]

I was thinking the same. That's a problem for us women. Most holsters are designed for men, not women with curvy hips. Problem is, with a holster riding that high, Dreamer would probably be drawing that 1911 into her armpit.

I really wish that more holsters were designed with a women's physique in mind. [thinking]

The Mitch Rosen I'm waiting for is a woman-specific model. I'll let you gals know how it is once I get it in September.

That's really not up to the armpit area, its still riding sub gun-hiders so there is some room to maneuver. :D

The Mitch Rosen I'm waiting for is a woman-specific model. I'll let you gals know how it is once I get it in September.

That's really not up to the armpit area, its still riding sub gun-hiders so there is some room to maneuver. :D

cool, thanks.. My body actually conceals better a little high, because of the shape of things, the gun fits into the curve..

Lots of girls carry full size 1911's. I'm one of them.[wink]

Congrats on confiscating your hubby's gun.[grin] If you have access to one, try wearing it with an IWB holster. You'll love it.! You can get away with a cute cropped jacket or a nice shirt/sweater, b/c so much of the gun is hidden in your pants*.

*Sort of like this:

birthday004.jpg

The holster is a custom made K & D that I ordered about 2 years ago. (http://kdholsters.com/)

Last edited:
Lots of girls carry full size 1911's. I'm one of them.[wink]

Congrats on confiscating your hubby's gun.[grin] If you can, try wearing it with an IWB holster. You'll love it.! You can get away with a cute cropped jacket or a nice shirt/sweater, b/c so much of the gun is hidden in your pants.

Yup [smile][laugh]

Oh no! Now Blitz1 will spend all of his fun money on those instead of on guns/ammo. [smile]

Hey!!

I don't make fun of your hobbies. [frown]

[wink]

Back
Top Bottom