• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters and Facebook

Knob Creek

NES Member
Apparently I was looking at some holsters on the web and Facebook noticed. Now I have ads by no less than six holster companies when I go to Facebook now. Also, I went up to FoxNews and a add popped up from Midway again for holsters.

Yep its how they operate. We agree to that when we choose to use their "free" service. Theyre selling our info.

I use a Firefox browser with the "facebook container" add on.

Many websites/businesses have links to FB and they are tracking you across the web to do directed advertising among other things.

The add on keeps the websites I visit from getting my FB info and passing it on... it works pretty well I get zero ads on FB now

Last edited:
I got that beat.

I was talking with a client the other day about my son running. Talking. On her back porch. "Yeah, my SIL is a marathoner. I'm going to have him run with her this weekend. I'd like him to run 2 9 minute miles to see what that feels like and to show that he can keep up with that. Just 9 minute miles and we'd be good."

Yesterday, I got an ad on my computer (NOT MY PHONE!) for life insurance for those who can run a 9 minute mile.

AdBlock Plus and Ghostery. They’re plug-ins for your browser (I use Chrome and Firefox) and haven’t seen an ad in years on most sites I go to, plus they’re free. There are some sites that’ll put up a notice saying they recognize the ad blocking software and you have to disable them to view the site. I just leave the site because it’s usually something someone posted on a forum and it’s not anything important anyways.

Ha, skynet is always listening.

Last weekend we were talking about halloween. Someone started singing "monster mash".

5 minutes later monster mash came on pandora.

f***in creepy

AdBlock Plus and Ghostery. They’re plug-ins for your browser (I use Chrome and Firefox) and haven’t seen an ad in years on most sites I go to, plus they’re free. There are some sites that’ll put up a notice saying they recognize the ad blocking software and you have to disable them to view the site. I just leave the site because it’s usually something someone posted on a forum and it’s not anything important anyways.

That was my old set up and isn't bad. Try Chrome, it's better and faster.

Installed Brave on my iMac and iPad. I'm liking it so far. Tells me what it's blocked. Took a couple steps to import Bookmarks from Safari but working good now. And as a bonus my iMac was dropping the WiFi connection from time to time. Since I stopped using Safari I've had no dropped connections.

I recently "thought" that I should have a Facebook business page. Mind you I have zero internet presence and do zero advertising. I'm all word of mouth. Next time I went on Facebook they had created me a business page.

Back
Top Bottom