Holster tips?

My "unknown" dealer has become known, and now has a 3 month lead time on holsters. I need a new IWB for my P220. Any suggestions?

Do you have a kydex or leather preference? I received both of my Comp-Tacs (on separate occasions) in under 2 weeks both times. One CTAC and one MTAC. I love em.

I think I'm leaning towards leather. If I go kydex I'll get a crossbreed. IMO nobody makes a better kydex holster.

If I go kydex I'll get a crossbreed. IMO nobody makes a better kydex holster.

Uhhh, yeah... There are MUCH better leather/kydex holsters out there.

Comp-Tac makes anything Crossbreed makes look painfully amateurish. On top of that, Comp-Tac leaves Crossbreed for dead in delivery time. I ordered a CTAC for my M&P two days ago and it shipped today.

If you want a leather/kydex hybrid, look no further than the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC.

G19%20Minotaur%20New%20Clips.jpg

PS. I know who your unknown leather pusher is and yes, his wait times have gone through the roof. My favorite holster maker has a 5 month wait which is why I also order a Comp-Tac when I order a holster from K&D Holsters. Then when my leather gets here I just sell the plastic and recoup my money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh, yeah... There are MUCH better leather/kydex holsters out there.

Comp-Tac makes anything Crossbreed makes look painfully amateurish. On top of that, Comp-Tac leaves Crossbreed for dead in delivery time. I ordered a CTAC for my M&P two days ago and it shipped today.

If you want a leather/kydex hybrid, look no further than the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC.

I completely disagree. I own a CompTac and MUCH prefer my Crossbreed in terms of comfort. To me, CompTac doesn't even come close.

One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.

I completely disagree. I own a CompTac and MUCH prefer my Crossbreed in terms of comfort. To me, CompTac doesn't even come close.

One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.
Which Comp-Tac do you have? They make many different models.

If you don't have a Minotaur then you are not comparing similar holsters.

CTAC, not minotaur. I'm not comparing similar holsters, so I'll amend my statement to "having seen comptac holsters when compared to others, I can't imagine I'd like their comparable model as much as the crossbreed".

All that being said, it does nothing to address my initial post or my request for a leather suggestion.

CTAC, not minotaur. I'm not comparing similar holsters, so I'll amend my statement to "having seen comptac holsters when compared to others, I can't imagine I'd like their comparable model as much as the crossbreed".

All that being said, it does nothing to address my initial post or my request for a leather suggestion.

Any good holster maker is going to have at least 4 to 6 week delivery. FIST is one of the quickest and they are still working on my order for a #20 adjustable IWB for a J frame since mid January. It will ship any day now.........

Martlet, it seems like all the big names seem to have a wait.

If you want something fast, talk to lightning arms...

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

They stock a lot of Milt Sparks stuff, without the wait. You
might want to try giving them a call to see what they have in
stock (or not). [laugh] Over on sigforum the MS Versa Max 2 is
basically the de-facto SIG IWB holster over there, or at least it was
for a long period of time.

I wish I had an address for them, but I like my ROG IWB holster
that I got for my HK P2000. (thanks to NES member slingblade
for the holster!) it is very similar in construction to a milt sparks
summer special.

The problem is, as you know, with holsters, is holsters are very
subjective. What works for one guy is good and what works for
someone else might be a POS to you, etc. This is due in part
to the fact that everyone's body is different, etc... and people
often have different expectations, and also have preferences
about where they want the gun to ride on their body, etc.

For example, a friend of mine is a fobus addict, all he uses are
fobus roto holsters. I wouldn't touch them with a 49.5 foot
pole but they work for him.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom