• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holster Handing

I am a right handed draw and shooter. I recently got an Alien Gear Tuck 3.0 IWB holster that I wear in about the 5 o'clock position. This put the grip pretty far behind and pointing towards my midline making a draw a little awkward.

I feel like a left hand holster in the same position, so my hand is turned over and the trigger finger is between my body and the gun would be more comfortable. Is there some technical or safety no-no to this? Does anyone else have this problem or use this handed set up?

I am a right handed draw and shooter. I recently got an Alien Gear Tuck 3.0 IWB holster that I wear in about the 5 o'clock position. This put the grip pretty far behind and pointing towards my midline making a draw a little awkward.

I feel like a left hand holster in the same position, so my hand is turned over and the trigger finger is between my body and the gun would be more comfortable. Is there some technical or safety no-no to this? Does anyone else have this problem or use this handed set up?

If you have to twist the gun around when you draw it, you'll basically be muzzle sweeping yourself. You can choose whether this is a safety issue for you.

Back
Top Bottom