• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holosun SCS

Just put one on a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS. No plate. Real low. Co-witnesses perfect with factory sights. I like it. The auto adjusting reticle hasn’t annoyed me like the 507c does when in auto mode. That one is distracting. So far, thumbs up.

I was concerned about transitioning to pistol optics, would I be able to adapt ok? I finally got to run my SCS on a G45 yesterday and was absolutely thrilled with it. I wish I had run an optic on a pistol much earlier. I found it easy to find the dot, and I liked being able to change the retical. It was so much better picking up the dot than just iron sights for my eyes, and the co-witness with the iron sights (as it doesn't use a plate) felt just spot on. I would rate it as a 10 out of 10. Again, only my first day, but not one issue.

Is the Holosun SCS meant to mount to a full size MOS slide like the G17 and G34?
Or will it fit on the smaller MOS slides like the 43x and 48?

It will not fit the 43X.
I believe 19 and 17 are the same cuts. G34 - ?.
It measures +/- 1 7/8". Dimensions prolly on Holosun website.

Last edited:
SCS is a great optic. As others have said, will co-witness with factory sights.I have on G17 MOS and 10mm G40 MOS. Highly recommended.

It will NOT fit 43X or 48

It will not fit the 43X.
I believe 19 and 17 are the same cuts. G34 - ?.
It measures +/- 1 7/8". Dimensions prolly on Holosun website.
That seems kind of dumb. It’s a small optic, it would have been made for the small Glocks. Maybe they will come out with that model next??

Big difference in the width between 43x and 19. SCS fits perfect on the 19. It lines up with the serrations. Even if the length were right, it would overhang the sides.

It has been almost a year, does anyone have an update?

I am looking at buying one.

Last edited:
It has been almost a year, doe anyone have an update?

I am looking at buying one.

I’m waiting to see when people start having issues with the internal battery no longer holding a charge, like a few year old iPhone.

Maybe it’ll last 10 years, but then it’ll need to get shipped to Holosun to have the internal battery replaced.

The concept is neat, but I can’t be sending a red dot back to the factory to have its battery replaced. I’ll just use optics that take 2032 or 2016 batteries, keep a few spares on hand and replace them each year or every couple of years.

Agreed, I just can't get past the fact that I don't trust that it work after sitting in a dark safe for a year without any light. I need to have a battery I can replace every couple of years so I know that it will work.

Back
Top Bottom