• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holosun HS510C experiences?

Coz

I was looking to buy an optic for my AR. I'm leaning towards the Holosun HS510C. Does anyone have it on their rifle. Do you recommend it?

you got me curious, i found this vid on youtube which was not that bad. a quick warning...he splashed up a coupon code for optics planet and i don't know if they are involved with this guys channel. but nonetheless a decent vid.

View: http://youtu.be/CkidkACagoc

Yea, I stumbled onto it and watched a few impressive reviews. Thanks Shocknawe!

Maybe it was just me. I bought two before and both flaked on me. Both dots just floated around when trying to zero at the range.

This was like 3 years ago, probably better qc now than before.

Maybe it was just me. I bought two before and both flaked on me. Both dots just floated around when trying to zero at the range.
interesting. i've been slightly interested in holosun for a while but really never got into them until this post...spent some time hovering around youtube this morning. nutnfancy seems to rave about. i didn't see him talking about the model the op was interested in but he gave others pretty decent reviews. while long winded, his reviews are complete and he shows no mercy. he claims to buy all his stuff so he has no skin in the game.

i don't really need one so i'll continue to just "look around" right now. if i saw a holosun for short money i'd probably give it a try. wonder what kind of warranty they have?

Hey cobra,

I’m not sure about their warranty because I bought them through amazon and return them through amazon. The model I bought was the ones that look like the aimpoint t2.

Now I just save up and wait to buy an aimpoint, eotech, trijicon.

yeah, best way actually. a couple of years ago when i first became aware of them...shit, the solar ones were damn expensive, out of my price range anyway. big price jump from their battery only units. but amazon huh? it's probably the way to go just for their return policy. crazy, but now i want one for my ak. waiting for the next black friday sale! [wink]

I did read a customer review somewhere that Holosun has excellent customer service also. You just need to register your optic when you get it. I'm going to end up buying one at some point, most likely the green light model, unless I see a deal I can't pass up.

interesting. i've been slightly interested in holosun for a while but really never got into them until this post...spent some time hovering around youtube this morning. nutnfancy seems to rave about. i didn't see him talking about the model the op was interested in but he gave others pretty decent reviews. while long winded, his reviews are complete and he shows no mercy. he claims to buy all his stuff so he has no skin in the game.

i don't really need one so i'll continue to just "look around" right now. if i saw a holosun for short money i'd probably give it a try. wonder what kind of warranty they have?

I just picked up one to try out. HE503GU-GR Elite [HE503GU-GR] - $271.49 : HOLOSUN. I havent' taken it to the range but just playing around and mounting it on my rifle I really like the eotech reticle. It is crisp and clear (I also have dual astigmatisms). They keep making new sights and improvements so people are buying them. Supposedly holoson makes the Primary Arms red dots and I have one and not had an issue for a few years. I am really digging the new green.

I catch myself going less and less for anything "bargain" or "value" when it comes to gun stuff. I was in the market for a new red dot, and just when I started considering an Eotech 512 or xps2, a good friend of mine offered me his Aimpoint PRO with 2 different mounts. Bought it on the spot. I do own one PA (my very first red dot) on a Fortis lower 1/3rd mount, and it's not that I have a complaint about it, it's just that when I use it, it's always on my mind that it's not an optic I would take into a SHTF type of situation. That shit gives me anxiety. Out of all my guns, I own only 1 range toy (and that's about to change too). In my mind, there's no such thing as a dedicated "go to" rifle. Any rifle I own has to be "grab and go" ready. Holosun, PA, SIG, are certainly decent sights, but I'd rather save up some more and get an Aimpoint/Trijicon/Eotech/Steiner/DI Optical. MROs can be had for $360. There's no reason to spend almost the same amount on something I'd find myself questioning. YMMV.

Agreed with Frenchman, I regard all my rifles as my “Go to SHTF” that being said I still feel the Holosun is a good choice, I have had a very good experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom