Holliston Sportsmens Association Inc, going green - Steel Shot

Rem29

NES Member
Holliston Sportsmens Association Inc located at 137 Bullard Street, Holliston, Massachusetts 01746 is changing to steel shot on January 1st. I do not know the details about using up your lead or if it will even be allowed, but my opinion is that they will work something out. Steel shot will be available in both 12 and 20 gauge at reasonable cost at the field.

I have shot 1000's of rounds of steel shot and find no difference in range or impact kinetics. REMEMBER - drop one choke size from lead. (If you shoot FULL on lead, put in your MODIFIED and it will shoot like a full choke)

Be safe, see you on squad 1

Totally converted to "Non-Lead" shot. You cannot use up your lead but they have steel in both 12 and 20 gauge at a very fair price.

Shot yesterday 7 Jan - and the weather was fantastic !!! Where was everybody ??? You missed out on great omelets and trap shooting shenanigans.....

Now for your assignment - PLEASE start asking all sporting goods store to stock steel shot in 7's. More and more fields will be converting and this is the only way to drive the prices down.... Walmart in Northborough had Winchester 7's for $6.48 last week. Best price I have seen out there for steel.

Last edited:
They're not a very female-friendly spot, though. Given that I am a chick, that kind of thing matters to me. (On the same topic, Hopkinton is about 1,000% worse than Holliston.)

So if I were a broad like me, I'd avoid Holliston and Hopkinton like the friggin plague.

I am very surprised at your findings. I have never seen any disrespect directed to any women there. I don't belong to the club but I do shoot trap there Saturday mornings. I'll mention your observations to the directors. This is something that simply shouldn't happen.

They're not a very female-friendly spot, though. Given that I am a chick, that kind of thing matters to me. (On the same topic, Hopkinton is about 1,000% worse than Holliston.)

So if I were a broad like me, I'd avoid Holliston and Hopkinton like the friggin plague.

?? Can you be a little more specific? I'm on the trap committee at Holliston and we have plenty of women shooters. In fact one is also on the committee and is very active in the club. This is the first complaint I've heard.

-Rey

??? Hopkinton has a number of female club members who very much enjoy both skeet and trap as well as the rest of the shooting sports. would very much like hear any complaints - please reply in confidence in a pm if you like.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom