Holliston Police investigate theft at gun store

What a shame. Ive only been there a few times but Mark always seemed like a good honest guy

Knight owl
8 hours ago
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
You must be logged in to report abuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you gotta be more responsible than this store owner is when handling gun sales and storage.

even jewelers store their product in a safe during off hours and no one was ever killed by a diamond.

First comment: blame the victim.

Anyone have anymore info on this? I hope mark can move passed this with his head above the water. He's a good guy. I've made a couple purchases from him. My first and second firearms purchased were through mark. Hope it works out for him.

this is absolutely terrible new. I love his shop and although I am moving away from the area I planned to make a purchase soon and go back whenever I could.

hope it is resolved quickly and he doesn't suffer any blame the victim backlash from the town

Couldn't believe a couple of idiots making comments blaming the owner. I hope someone returns the favor to their homes or cars and see if they blame themselves![angry]

I would assume that the firearms were properly stored/secured at the shop. I also think it's moronic of the people posting blaming the store owner for the theft. It's not like he had left the doors unlocked or something. Also, with the crooks cutting the power to the entire building, all they had to do was wait a bit for any UPS/battery backup on the alarm system to deplete in order to break in without issue.

Typical moonbats, blaming the store/owner for the theft.

I hope they catch the crooks, and the owner gets the inventory back in a decent amount of time. Or the insurance covers the replacement cost of what was stolen. I would also hope that the insurance company would pay for an improved security system for the store (and all gun stores for that matter) or give him a serious discount for upgrading it. Of course, an alarm system doesn't mean squat if the place monitoring it doesn't report it going off (which could be the case here).

A message from Mark. Let's go support him!

Holliston Firearms

We will re-open today at 3:00. Back to our regular hours!

Thank you for all the support over the past few days!

We appreciate your business.
Customers like you make doing business a real pleasure.
Holliston Firearms
838 Washington St
Holliston, Massachusetts 01746
857-400-GUNS
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark is a GREAT guy and a good, fair businessman. Lets do what we can to help him out after this terrible crime.

Comments are pissing me off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a set of rules in this state for gun stores about what kind of/how much security they need to install? Or is it town to town regulations? Regardless, he followed all applicable security laws/rules for gun stores, I imagine, otherwise the town wouldn't have approved his permit. I can't believe the attitude of these people who always want to string up the victim of a crime for negligence. It's the 'sue McDonalds because their coffee is hot' mentality.

I never even HEARD of this place! How long has he been open? What kind of stuff does he carry?
great place, real small but good selection of handguns and shotguns, some rifles as well. ammo, reloading supplies, will try and get anything you need if he can

I dont think he has had as much stock as usual lately just like every place else. but I enjoy the shop very much

Mark has been great for the local youth shotgun teams. He showed up at a shoot with a lot of different shotguns to try. Glad to see that he is back

Glad to hear Mark is back to business so soon. Great guy. Great store. I'll be down soon for something I can not live without.

heard about this today and was shocked. Mark is awesome. Bought my pistol and shotgun form him, and whenever he gets his next shipment of SR22s, the wife is gonna buy one..... I actually picked up my shotgun friday night from him too

Mark reopened yesterday and true to his word, had the last LC9 on hold for me from the week prior. His wife did the paperwork and was ten times smoother than any other gun experience I have had. While it is not that big of a place, you never feel cramped in there because all the people (staff and customers) are there to support a small business. Strongly suggest you check his place out.

Mark is a great guy. I bought my first gun there a few months ago. They made the transaction so smooth and easy. I hope they catch the moron who did this !

I was glad to see Saturday when I went that not only was he back to business as usual but they are actually expanding a little.

This is terrible news. Mark and his wife are fantastic!! I've bought two shotguns and my AR-15 from Mark (and the AR was $60 cheaper than four seasons at the time!!!)

I wasn't planning to make another purchase soon, but after this news I guess I'll have to go bite the bullet and support him [smile]

Holy shit that really sucks! Like everyone else said, Mark & his wife are great, the store is small but always packed and he makes everyone feel welcome. I just left him a voice mail too for something unrelated... wish I had seen this thread prior, I would've left him alone for a bit. I hope he didn't lose much and that the bastards get caught.

Great shop and great people and great prices. I've stopped in a couple of times. Small, but they have a variety of things.

Back
Top Bottom