• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook sportsmens club Gun show 3/18-3/19

Doubt it, as I just volunteered to be the RO on duty for the 3rd Saturday mornings 'til 1PM at BR&P. That is also when the CMP Matches are held monthly, so it makes RO duty interesting. Then SAS is in the afternoon, as well as my opportunity to shoot. So there isn't much time to get over there and leisurely look around on Saturday.

It's only ten minutes or so from my house, well maybe fifteen. In either case, I"ll go. It's a small show, but last time there I got a good deal on a S&W Model 10, so who knows what will pop up?

Gary

I'll be hitting this show tomorrow. Can't really afford nothing but for cheap money maybe I can find a gem, or at least some ammo cans cheap again.

Not much there, actually. It was far better in the Fall. As I wrote elsewhere, I picked up some cleaning stuff, but that's all. Ammo seemed high, and of course there were no big ammo dealers there. The MilSurps were high, especially if you have a C&R.

Firearms seemed high, at least to me. Dave's out of Marshfield looked to be the most reasonable.

Gary

The 1923 91/30 Mosin I saw at the last show was there again today, this time it was $10 more. I asked the seller if he'd take an even $100 for it and after a phone call he said yes. After doing an inspection when I got home i'm thinking its an ex-Dragoon rifle. [grin] I'll have to snap some pics and post them on the Mosin boards over at the Parallax site to see what the experts say, or maybe someoe here can verify if it is. If it indeed is, its well worth the money I paid plus more.

I hope that works out for you. I'm not an expert on the seemingly endless variations of the MN, so it wouldn't make that much difference to me. What I'm buying I'm buying for shooting as much as collecting.

I did notice some S&W Model 10s at what seemed really, really, high prices.

Gary

Barb and I had to go to Weymouth for a funeral this morning, her aunt died. Anyway, driving up RT3 she saw the "Gun Show" sign and asked me about it. I forgot about it. After the funeral, we met the family for lunch at Trattoria San Pietro in Norwell. Tremendous restaurant by the way.
When we left, she asked if I wanted to go to the show. Hell ya! So we zipped out to Holbrook. It was small as everyone said it would be and not much of interest to me. Marlborough or Big E it ain't but I wasn't expecting that anyway. It's always nice to go look at guns no matter where[wink]

Oh ya, Barb bought a scratch ticket when we got back in town. $500 winner!!! She gave me my 50% Can you say, here come some more guns!?!?
Foxwoods tomorrow.

JonJ said:
Oh ya, Barb bought a scratch ticket when we got back in town. $500 winner!!! She gave me my 50% Can you say, here come some more guns!?!?
Foxwoods tomorrow.

Very cool! Just remember to stay away from the dollar sucking slots, they're evil.[devil]

Back
Top Bottom