Holbrook Show this Weekend

For those of you who go today, let us know what's there. It's a bit of a hike for such a small show but if there are any decent deals (esp. on ammo) then it may be worth it.

Driving to work this morning I usually notice all the brightly colored gun show signs on the highway............only now they say sportsmen show!![rolleyes]

Why do WE have to be so PC

I went this morning and it seemed like everything was over priced or jacked up and half the stuff looked like it was the same stuff that was there at the last show. I did notice all the signs said sportsmen show except one in randolph center that said Gun Show

I went this morning and it seemed like everything was over priced or jacked up and half the stuff looked like it was the same stuff that was there at the last show. I did notice all the signs said sportsmen show except one in randolph center that said Gun Show

Ditto!

Those pink signs that said 'Sportsmens' Show' were so incredibly helpful! I was driving back from picking up a truck load of bowling pins (for future target practice, of course), and when I saw the signs I decided to check it out. They were so good that they even gave upcoming road names and warnings of turns before you had to take them. I hadn't even known about the show before going to it, so the signs definitely worked!

As for the show itself, it was well-organized, but didn't have anything exceptional. Overall, it looked like they got a good turn-out: the parking lots were packed and it was fairly crowded in all the rooms. Nothing extra-special, though, as far as deals were concerned: I managed to get out of there with only a few ammo cans. [grin]

The show was OK. I was in the area so I attended, but it would of been a waste to drive a long distance to get there. A few vendors selling overpriced firearms. A little ammo, for nothing that I thought was a great deal. A LOT of people were there though. First time I had to wait in line to get in.

Unfortunately because people are stupid enough to believe that everything will be banned the second Obama steps foot into the White House, we'll have higher prices on ammo and guns for a while until the hysteria dies down.

I'm picturing that for a while now when we pay an entrance fee at a gun show, we'll have to bend over, grease up our asses, and prepare for the BOHICA we'll endure for the next 6 months or so untill everyone gets back to normal thinking.[thinking]

Unfortunately because people are stupid enough to believe that everything will be banned the second Obama steps foot into the White House, we'll have higher prices on ammo and guns for a while until the hysteria dies down.

I'm picturing that for a while now when we pay an entrance fee at a gun show, we'll have to bend over, grease up our asses, and prepare for the BOHICA we'll endure for the next 6 months or so untill everyone gets back to normal thinking.[thinking]

Gonna be ALOT longer than that before people get back to normal thinking. Wait till the "entitled" people who missed out on the hysteria come out and throw a fit.

I didn't make it today. SWMBO had other ideas, plus work got in the way, so I took a pass. Also another RO at BR&P had stopped there before BR&P and told me that all he saw was lots of overpriced stuff, so I doubt that I missed anything.

From the sounds of it, not worth heading over? I try not to miss a show, but the reviews are less then positive.

I thought it was OK for a club show. Good things to see, even if the prices were too high. Was disappointed I didn't find any 1000 bags of cleaning patches. I usually pick those up at gun shows.

One dealer was telling me that the AK-47 WASR's that he's been buying from the distributors for $399 just went up over $500 each.

Thank you, Mr. O

Arrived a little after 9 am and had the place to myself. Thought that was nice as I didnt have to elbow my way to see anything. No real deals jumped out at me, as prices seemed high. WASR10 for 650 or 675.

Arrived a little after 9 am and had the place to myself. Thought that was nice as I didnt have to elbow my way to see anything. No real deals jumped out at me, as prices seemed high. WASR10 for 650 or 675.

I got there a bit after 10 am and it wasn't too crowded, but by the time I left around 11, it was getting busier. One of the guys working the parking lot told me it was much busier yesterday.

Got there a little after 8 and the first thing I saw were the WASR10s with the line out $100 price increase on the tags. You know who you are and should be ashamed of yourselves! [laugh]

My friend Dave from DGS had a few nice Chinese SKS rifles that were great buys. Anyone looking for an SKS that doesn't have one missed the deal because these were great examples with one being only $265 still in the cosmolene.

All in all it was like I went back in time to last year's show. No difference in anything with the exception of the WASR10 price increase.

Back
Top Bottom