Holbrook Ma Gun Show

One odd thing I did see. A S&W Mdl 29-2 8 3/8" barrel, which was marked 41 mag. I'm going to post over at the S&W forum and see what the story is with that. Nothing in the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson about that.

Was the gun itself marked .41 Mag. or the tag attached to it ???
I saw a few items that were tagged incorrectly for what they were.
There was a stainless Ruger Blackhawk that was tagged as being a Vaquero.
Sorry, Vaqueros have fixed sights and a rounder profile to the top strap.

I did buy some ammo from the nice folks in the little room off of the "garage" which is a new building since the last time I was there.

I got some primers from them, really good deal too.
They had Fiocchi's for $25 a brick, which contain 1500 primers, while other vendors were asking $35-$40 for standard size bricks of Wolf.

I was also surprised at how many people were there after 1100 on Sunday morning.

Yeah, it was pretty packed.
I got there about 10:30 and there was a traffic jam getting in.
The staff did a good job of parking control.
I spent more on raffle tickets than anything else.
Got 2 of the November 30 Day Raffle tickets, 10 for the lever action rifle raffle, and 3 for youth league raffle.
I ran into a few NES'ers there, including Adam and Nicole.
They went home with a really nice wooden Hawk made by the chainsaw carving guy.

Wood_Hawk.jpg

Was the gun itself marked .41 Mag. or the tag attached to it ???
I saw a few items that were tagged incorrectly for what they were.
There was a stainless Ruger Blackhawk that was tagged as being a Vaquero.
Sorry, Vaqueros have fixed sights and a rounder profile to the top strap.

The barrel was marked .41 Mag, the frame was marked Mdl 29-2. The tag said Model 29 .41 mag, which is what caught my attention. Apparently there were some mismarked Model 57s made at some point and this is one of them. At least that's what one of the people at the Smith-Wesson Forum said.
Yeah, it was pretty packed.
I got there about 10:30 and there was a traffic jam getting in.
The staff did a good job of parking control.
I spent more on raffle tickets than anything else.

We were there about the same time then. We probably walked by each other. I really have to get a NES hat or something! Or maybe we need a secret handshake. I did see a couple of cars and trucks with NES stickers.

The barrel was marked .41 Mag, the frame was marked Mdl 29-2. The tag said Model 29 .41 mag, which is what caught my attention. Apparently there were some mismarked Model 57s made at some point and this is one of them. At least that's what one of the people at the Smith-Wesson Forum said.

That sounds like an interesting piece, but being a .41 makes it a hard sell with the cost and rarity of the ammo.
Like the .357 Max and Winchester .351SL, the market is pretty much limited to those who reload their own.

That sounds like an interesting piece, but being a .41 makes it a hard sell with the cost and rarity of the ammo.
Like the .357 Max and Winchester .351SL, the market is pretty much limited to those who reload their own.

You can find .41 mag if you look. S&W reintroduced the 57&58, although it would be cheaper to buy the mismarked 29. Either way, I'm not buying. The last thing I need is another caliber to support. Bad enough I added .45ACP last year.

I ran into a few NES'ers there, including Adam and Nicole.
They went home with a really nice wooden Hawk made by the chainsaw carving guy.

Wood_Hawk.jpg

Nice pic of the hawk Zappa! We actually commissioned the hawk at the last Holbrook show - this is our second piece by Ross and as always, it came out great. With the draping tail, we had to leave it in the front seat while we went to lunch. We could see it from our seats at the restaurant and it looked just like it was watching us. I told Adam it could NOT go in the bedroom with that stare and Adam said, "Oh does it remind you of the rescue panther?" [rofl] Yes, yes it does. Kudos Ross.

[video=youtube_share;8O1SX4x7uUE]http://youtu.be/8O1SX4x7uUE[/video]

I hope you guys picked up some 30 day gun raffle tickets![smile] you guys didnt say hi to me if you did. I was there all day today. And most Likely be there all day tomorrow.

Good to meet you today! The only down side is that we have to wait until NOVEMBER to have fun with those tickets!!

I didn't get to check out anything at the show and I was there sat and Sunday the whole time,that's ok because it was one the best shows I did. I was selling the 30 day gun raffle tickets and got to meet a few NES's ftf . It was great to finaly meet a few of you guys! Like Zappa, Jarhead, deadhead and Adam and Nicole to name a few!! You all were super nice![smile]

We were there about the same time then. We probably walked by each other. I really have to get a NES hat or something! Or maybe we need a secret handshake. I did see a couple of cars and trucks with NES stickers.

Was the 41 mag at the dealer located at the front door.?

It was a VERY busy weekend. Sold a record number of firearms Saturday and as soon as I arrived today it stared again. AR's were a big seller, handguns also.

I am glad its the last show that I have work this season.

I did not buy anything, only because I was to busy. Saw ADAMNICOLE ( they are always so close to each other I am going to just combine their names from now on[wink]) Zappa, deadhead and jar head, SKS Ray yesterday and a few other folks too. Always good to see NES folks .

I did not buy anything, only because I was to busy. Saw ADAMNICOLE ( they are always so close to each other I am going to just combine their names from now on[wink]) .

[laugh] That's because you only ever see us at gun shows. He has a female (read: shopaholic) at an event that is explicitly all about shopping and she's a big fan of the particular type of merchandise on offer. Would you leave said female unsupervised in that environment?? [wink]

It was a VERY busy weekend. Sold a record number of firearms Saturday and as soon as I arrived today it stared again. AR's were a big seller,

I noticed quite a few dealers had a selection the new Windham Weaponry AR models.
I'm not an AR guy myself (too black and killy for my tastes [laugh] ) but the quality appeared very nice and the prices seemed reasonable. Nice to see the boys in Maine working again and turning out a decent product.

Was the 41 mag at the dealer located at the front door.?

I'm pretty sure I saw this gun too. It was in the new building. If you walked in the entrance and went to the furthest right isle all the way to the end the last glass case on the left. I saw the .41 mag on the tag only though.

I'm pretty sure I saw this gun too. It was in the new building. If you walked in the entrance and went to the furthest right isle all the way to the end the last glass case on the left. I saw the .41 mag on the tag only though.

Did the seller have a Contender w/extra barrels in the same case ???

Yup that's the one.

That's funny because I didn't even notice it, but I did check out the Contender (it had an early model slide type hammer) and I chatted with the seller for a few minutes. He also had an Ithaca M49 in nice shape for $150, I was very tempted to grab it, but I already have two.

It is our handgun. When we took it in on trade I contacted S+W and provided them with the serial number and description of the firearm. It is NOT mistake, they indeed made a very short run of these handguns at the request of some "special clients". I was a bit surprised when I first saw the pistol and made the calls. I felt the same way you did, I thought it was an error in marking etc. My Smith book had nothing on it.

So given that information I have made the decision to buy it, yup if its an odd ball i want it. As to 41 mag, I have a die set so i am all set. If anyone had a chance to see the Ruger chambered in the same round with the jeweled trigger and hammer that was a custom item made for a customer who worked at he Ruger factory. The trigger is a smooth as warm butter.

I knew I could not work a gun show and not buy anything[wink]

I will be there[wink]

I love this show!!!! Why, its the last one for me for the season. Now i can hit the range on weekends and go to out of state shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, Why do I always find these threads a day late?
I'm surprised that Dick didn't mention it to me when I saw him last week to do a transfer.

[laugh] That's because you only ever see us at gun shows. He has a female (read: shopaholic) at an event that is explicitly all about shopping and she's a big fan of the particular type of merchandise on offer. Would you leave said female unsupervised in that environment?? [wink]

Nicole, he is one lucky man, and yes I would let you "shop till you dropped"[wink]

We have a S+W 41 mag as well ......until I purchased it. Also a contender with extra barrels, too many firearms, not enough time[smile]

Nicole, he is one lucky man, and yes I would let you "shop till you dropped"[wink]

Thank you for the compliment. [grin]

[laugh] Yeah, I was playing around. Two weeks ago he was sending me links to Parkers during my lunch break and just laughed when I bought one via phone during said lunch break. Came home tonight and he bought me a BAR...apparently we are playing "Collect the Brownings." I haven't dropped yet, but was informed that I'll have to step up my workouts so I can shoot the BAR offhand, so I may drop after that. [laugh]

Come on out to an NES shoot and give it a spin this summer Fred. Holbrook won't like this one though, you'll have to show up in New Hampshire.

Re: the BAR
[party][party]

It is our handgun. When we took it in on trade I contacted S+W and provided them with the serial number and description of the firearm. It is NOT mistake, they indeed made a very short run of these handguns at the request of some "special clients". I was a bit surprised when I first saw the pistol and made the calls. I felt the same way you did, I thought it was an error in marking etc. My Smith book had nothing on it.

So given that information I have made the decision to buy it, yup if its an odd ball i want it. As to 41 mag, I have a die set so i am all set. If anyone had a chance to see the Ruger chambered in the same round with the jeweled trigger and hammer that was a custom item made for a customer who worked at he Ruger factory. The trigger is a smooth as warm butter.

I knew I could not work a gun show and not buy anything[wink]

That's interesting information. Did you letter the gun? I'd think that would add to the collector value.

If anyone can remember, I had someone mention they saw a dealer with a Walther P99AS. If anyone remembered could you please let me know? Thanks!! :)

Thank you for the compliment. [grin]

[laugh] Yeah, I was playing around. Two weeks ago he was sending me links to Parkers during my lunch break and just laughed when I bought one via phone during said lunch break. Came home tonight and he bought me a BAR...apparently we are playing "Collect the Brownings." I haven't dropped yet, but was informed that I'll have to step up my workouts so I can shoot the BAR offhand, so I may drop after that. [laugh]

Come on out to an NES shoot and give it a spin this summer Fred. Holbrook won't like this one though, you'll have to show up in New Hampshire.

Re: the BAR
[party][party]

I will be there, just sat where and when!!!!! Congratulations on your new "gift"!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom