• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook gun show..Dont waste your time.

FMH2016

NES Member
Not a deal to be had . Insane prices as usual. all handguns going for at least $200 more than they should . All rifles marked up to full retard panic prices and ammo was marked wrong all over the place. Just figured id give a heads up!

Well I better use my time on the range.

This.

Time to finally waken my Mosin Nagant after its long cosmoline nap, but first I have to spend an hour or three authoring a work of fiction that no one will read (review self-evaluation,) that will have absolutely no bearing on my less-then-inflation raise.

when did you go. yesterday morning there were deals to be had if you looked. if you go excepting the best deal of your life, you will be disappointed. It's a show, pickup some little things and get something to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.

Haters gonna hate I guess ……………….

M&M reloads were there, quality ammo, priced fairly.

Hear Safe was there too, worth the trip if you want custom molded plugs.

Even if no one reads it, it is never a bad idea to have your version of how much value you bring on the record! The range will be there.

This.

Time to finally waken my Mosin Nagant after its long cosmoline nap, but first I have to spend an hour or three authoring a work of fiction that no one will read (review self-evaluation,) that will have absolutely no bearing on my less-then-inflation raise.

Yesterday, I got some American Eagle .40 S&W 180 Grain at $22.00 a box (50 rounds). Not a bad price these days.

not a reflection on the show ,just the times.

last year before the panic, $700 ar 15's were at many tables. unsold.

when did you go. yesterday morning there were deals to be had if you looked. if you go excepting the best deal of your life, you will be disappointed. It's a show, pickup some little things and get something to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.

This is my take on the shows. Go look around but expect no bargains.

went bought some ammo not many guns and the ones there were overpriced lots of old war relics not what im into

- - - Updated - - -

Wilmington last weekend blew it out of the water

Even if no one reads it, it is never a bad idea to have your version of how much value you bring on the record! The range will be there.

I gotta do one of those soon. I've learned over the years not to say anything remotely negative about myself--I won't absolve the boss of that responsibility if that's what is felt necessary. I mention that I worked three thousand hours (2080 is normal) in the past year and that I am recognized as being one of the best in the world at what I do. I still expect no more than a 2% raise.

I gotta do one of those soon. I've learned over the years not to say anything remotely negative about myself--I won't absolve the boss of that responsibility if that's what is felt necessary. I mention that I worked three thousand hours (2080 is normal) in the past year and that I am recognized as being one of the best in the world at what I do. I still expect no more than a 2% raise.

ROTFL... you get a raise? I work about 1 hr OT for every 4hr regular... have companies ask for me by name for jobs and the only raise i have gotten in the past 4 years was $.50 an hr. Oh and the only 'bonus' we get is a jacket with the company name on it...

Last edited:
Haters gonna hate I guess ……………….

M&M reloads were there, quality ammo, priced fairly.

Hear Safe was there too, worth the trip if you want custom molded plugs.

X2 on M&M reloads. I got there early on Saturday and picked up a few things from him at a good price. A lot of the good stuff was under the table... you just had to ask.

Sometimes I think dealers at these gun shows are their own worst enemy. I was there Saturday afternoon and I overheard one of the dealers complaining that they were not selling much. As I looked over his table most of the stuff he was selling seemed to me to be overpriced. Case in point I was going there with a thought of buying some 7 1/2 shotgun ammo for trap. Cheapest I saw was $10 a box. While I want to give my money to local dealers, I just can't justify that much of an excess cost. Case in point last night I was at Dick's and bought a Winchester Super X 100 rnd bulk pack of shotgun ammo for $26 plus tax. If it was a few dollars it wouldn't be that bad, but $12 is $12.

Isn't 40 - 26 = 14? Just saying, was even worse. I also laugh when i see $10 a box trap loads when you can get for much cheaper. It is was $7-8 a box, then sure.

This.

Glad I decided to go to the range instead... That MN 91-30 is a shooter alright. :)

Isn't 40 - 26 = 14? Just saying, was even worse. I also laugh when i see $10 a box trap loads when you can get for much cheaper. It is was $7-8 a box, then sure.

$5 a box if you buy it from our club ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I think dealers at these gun shows are their own worst enemy.

Part of the problem is there are a crapload of them that paid too much for ammo and are stuck with old stock... and instead of "cutting their losses and letting go" they are hoping some 'tard will come along and pay the overprice. Although I never remember there being a shortage of 12 ga trap ammo....

-Mike

Unless you are looking for something that's hard to find, the best part of the gun show is the beef jerky. Anything else is a waste of time, especially when most dealers are *******s.

Back
Top Bottom