HK45?

although i agree with jose on the customer service comment.they are the worst to deal with.also jose is right as far as the "magic".hk may not be magic,but they are awesome guns.i own an hk usp 45 and an hk mark 23 and the both of them are 100% reliable as well as accurate pistols.unfortunatly they cost an arm and a leg in mass.

Anyone seen one of these in Massachusetts yet?

No, and doubt they ever will be "compliant". That doesn't mean
they'll be completely unobtainium, but more like in the "pretty hard
to come by" category.

-Mike

I like mine, feels great in hand. It is a natural pointer. My first range time with it had me smiling. It is not quite my LB TRS, but very nice[smile] SPG

I'm a bit confused here, I noticed an HK45 in the for sold forum. I thought all HK's weren't MA compliant? How are people in MA getting the new HK45's?

I'm a bit confused here, I noticed an HK45 in the for sold forum. I thought all HK's weren't MA compliant? How are people in MA getting the new HK45's?

Whether they're compliant or not has nothing to do with whether or
not an individual can actually possess one, or sell/buy it via an
FTF, etc. The MA compliance rubbish only applies to dealer sales of
handguns to MA consumers.

-Mike

Interesting, how would one go about purchasing a handgun that's not on the compliance list? Can an FFL in MA transfer a custom ordered handgun?

Interesting, how would one go about purchasing a handgun that's not on the compliance list? Can an FFL in MA transfer a custom ordered handgun?

No. A dealer has to abide by the AG's regs as well as the EOPS list when transferring to you. However, you can buy whatever you like in a private sale.

Or someone moved into the state with it...among many other possible reasons.

Regardless... If someone already owns it in MA... you can then buy it from them in a FTF sale.

You might be able to have it xfered in through an FFL as an AOW if you put a forward grip put on it and pay the appropriate liberty tax.

I doubt the AG or whoever would see the sense of humor in that
wallhack. [laugh] I would imagine, that MA wise, MA would still consider it a
"handgun" per MGL's. MA law really doesn't care about NFA relevance.
(not to mention that an FA-10 doesn't even provide a way to define NFA devices,
other than maybe a machinegun, so as far as the state's concerned, it'd probably
be still checked off as a handgun when getting transferred. IMO the legal risk
to the dealer would nearly identical, so why bother with the flaming hoops?

-Mike

I doubt the AG or whoever would see the sense of humor in that
wallhack. [laugh] I would imagine, that MA wise, MA would still consider it a
"handgun" per MGL's. MA law really doesn't care about NFA relevance.
(not to mention that an FA-10 doesn't even provide a way to define NFA devices,
other than maybe a machinegun, so as far as the state's concerned, it'd probably
be still checked off as a handgun when getting transferred. IMO the legal risk
to the dealer would nearly identical, so why bother with the flaming hoops?

-Mike

Probably right, but maybe it would be more "legit" as an SBR instead of AOW. That way you could legally check off the rifle box on the FA-10. You would need to add a stock to it though. The only handgun I can think of,that you could do it with commercially available parts, is a Glock. You could "Bubba up" a stock out of a coat hanger and duct tape, fill out the ATF forms, pay the tax, call it an SBR and tranfer it into state, then reverse the process minus getting your tax money back. Of course it's still a $200 liberty tax, no way around that.

Break My HK45

Here is neat thread over on HKPro... This guy tried to break his P2000 earlier last year...

HKs are some of the finest in the world.. Delta Force has been using the HK 416 instead of the M4 for a few years now...

With the customer service argument.. I always tell people its like the old "Toyota vs Chevy" argument.. "if your toyota breaks down.. you only have a few places to take it... everyone can work on a good ole chevy".. Well.. thats because they hardly break down... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom