big HK price drop on P30's and HK45's

92G

this has been discussed quite a bit on other forums but seems most aren't aware. looks like HK has been able to substantially drop their prices on various pistols including the typically overpriced P30 and HK45's. they are now in the low to mid $600 range which is something like a $300 price drop. the P30 might be one of my favorite pistols but i've been holding off picking up another one until now. with price tag of just over $600 pretty hard to say no seeing as the build quality is simply un-matched.

seems like anytime the P30 is mentioned i hear folks talking about how the VP9 is the same quality for less price. well having now owned 2 VP9's and a P30, I can say the VP9 is a fine pistol but not even close to a P30 both in terms of build quality or track record of the USP (which the P30 inherits by virtue of design). out of the box the P30 trigger stacks pretty horribly but this can be either slowly remedied by shooting a few cases of 9mm or immediately by swapping in a wolff 12# hammer spring.

in terms of the HK45's these have also dropped in price. for example precision point in Woburn is advertising them at $650 which for one of these pistols is an incredibly good value. if i didn't already have an HK45 i would be purchasing now. the current run of HK45's look slightly different since they don've have a serialized slide and all the european markings on the side. my understanding is that HK is now building them in Columbus GA so their production costs are much lower.

see the OP. per HK they are no longer making in germany and importing now theyve brought production to US. if you look at the newer HK45’s they have way less markings and nothing on the slide which would fit w them making here. i dont think the quality is any less. the HK45 i examined at FS looked just as nice as any other.

I was at Cabelas Sunday and they had the HK45 and 45C for $709. Customer bought the HK45 and was telling me he was at BPS and they wanted $846 for it. He couldn't understand why the price difference now that BPS owns Cabelas. I think Cableas was discontinuing them.

I was at Cabelas Sunday and they had the HK45 and 45C for $709. Customer bought the HK45 and was telling me he was at BPS and they wanted $846 for it. He couldn't understand why the price difference now that BPS owns Cabelas. I think Cableas was discontinuing them.

Damn, buy 7 $100 Cabela's gift cards on Ebay for $574 and you have an HK45 for $585 + tax.

No difference between German made and US made HK45 other than markings and now price. Except the o ring around the barrel was green on the German ones.

Back
Top Bottom