• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HF...I know, late, about time...yea yea yea....

So, I finally gave up on the G5RV as I just can't figure out how to sting it without being near power lines. So, I went with an endfed. Now, I just wanted to test it out, made the choke like the instructions said by making a 10 coil 6" circle and then just laid the antenna across the basement.

It didn't take long to pick up both some CW and Phone. I was pretty excited. Now, I need to spend this weekend getting it up outside.

So, if there's anyone that wants to test with me later on, I would apprecaite it...

I would appreacite it more if someone wanted to come over and show me how my stinkin' HF Rig works. LOL!

So, I finally gave up on the G5RV as I just can't figure out how to sting it without being near power lines. So, I went with an endfed. Now, I just wanted to test it out, made the choke like the instructions said by making a 10 coil 6" circle and then just laid the antenna across the basement.

It didn't take long to pick up both some CW and Phone. I was pretty excited. Now, I need to spend this weekend getting it up outside.

So, if there's anyone that wants to test with me later on, I would apprecaite it...

I would appreacite it more if someone wanted to come over and show me how my stinkin' HF Rig works. LOL!

I may have some time if you need help with the antenna. As I had mentioned in some other threads I hung a G5RV as my first antenna. I made about 10 modifications to the installation so through trial and error I think I have a pretty good handle on it. PM me if you want to have a chat on the phone or the radio about it.

Well, me and another NESer tried to do this last night. No dice...on several bands...and matching freq's. We just couldn't hear each other...

So, I'm totally confused on how my radio works. Or, our antennas are in different directions and just not working. He was in VT, I'm in MA.

I'm going to try with RealtorMA here soon. But I also know I need to get this antenna outside.

Back
Top Bottom