Hey, I finally got my Maine CCW permit...Oh SH!T!

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
After waiting nine weeks for my Maine CCW permit (renewal application btw) I finally get the Maine State Police envelope in the mail today. I took it out of the envelope and didn't pay much attention until I turned it over to see a picture of a 70 year old, 150#, blond female. Why is that a problem? I am a 42 year old, 220# male. The letter that came with it had all the correct info but the permit was for a lady in Florida. So, I figured I'd look the woman up and give her a call (maybe she received my permit???). I found the number but it was disconnected.[frown] I left a phone message with the Maine State Police and I guess I'll have to keep waiting[crying] Mil-Dot

Heh... oops!

When I went to apply for my LTC last year the officer tappity-tapped my info into the computer and asked when I had changed my name to Jodie. I replied never, and he said, well then when did you move from Leicester? I told him I'd never lived in Leicester, and I though, "Oh man, I hope whoever this Jodie is didn't do anything criminal or I'm screwed."

My Maine non-res permit looks like it was made by a 5th grader.
There is a huge messy fingerprint on my photo underneath the lamination.

Get a wig!....

[popcorn]Get a wig, wear a real tight corsett, grey the hair, and fake some wrinkles..... All that should more than double the possible places you can conceal.

Hey, I just got a call from the lady! She lives in Scarborough, ME part time and Florida during the Winter months (that's why the phone was disconnected). She just dropped my permit in the mail and I did the same. It all worked out well! [smile]

When my wife and I received ours...the signature strip on the back of each was placed across the upper third of our pictures.

I guess if they need positive ID, they'll now need to base it on nose and lips, as we never bothered asking them to redo it. It failed QA once before it was sent to us and judging from others experience, we likely wouldn't have received anything much better.

That all being said, Bald-ass-ii aside, what a great State!!

-ed

My first permit app in Maine required a trip to motor vehicle for a picture. I told the one lady in Topsham what I was there for, and she yells, "he's here for a weapons permit!". Nothing like drawing a little attention to a person like that statement. Another lady takes my picture and some blondes picture comes up on the monitor.
Apparently my permit number was the same as a drivers' license number of somebody else. The CF finally gets fixed and I had to wait two weeks for them to send it to me.
Then on my renewal, it looked like a kid had put it together.
Another funny thing was that I moved here to NC right after I received my last permit and I asked in writing that my ME permit be changed to "NonRes" as all the information about me was exactly the same except for physical address and I had just paid the fee for Res renewal.
He sent me a completely new app with a new $60 app fee.
Eat me.
My NH permit works just fine down here...........

Maybe they don't have any child labor laws in ME. Keep them off the streets producing gun licenses...I'm all for early exposure...[grin]

I believe you're correct. I have frequently seen 12 year old children doing road construction detail that only heavily trained police are capable of doing in Massachusetts. And, doing a pretty good job of it too! Even using the radio to communicate with the other end of the blockage, and properly flipping around those stop/slow signs as needed.

sent mine in on the 15th. police dept says i should receive it in few days which means i should get it withen this week.

Last edited:
After waiting nine weeks for my Maine CCW permit (renewal application btw) I finally get the Maine State Police envelope in the mail today. I took it out of the envelope and didn't pay much attention until I turned it over to see a picture of a 70 year old, 150#, blond female. Why is that a problem? I am a 42 year old, 220# male. The letter that came with it had all the correct info but the permit was for a lady in Florida. So, I figured I'd look the woman up and give her a call (maybe she received my permit???). I found the number but it was disconnected.[frown] I left a phone message with the Maine State Police and I guess I'll have to keep waiting[crying] Mil-Dot

classic

ok lets set this up.....

"Your carrying in ME and get pulled over for whatever reason and are asked if you have a weapon and you say, "Affirmative" and the Officer requests your permit and you present it to him and say, "no really Officer..... that is me. I had a major change last year and now I am male." [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

It would almost be worth it to see the Officer's face after that one.... [rofl]

LOL :) I am glad it worked out for you and they dropped another one in the mail.
I like how you describe the story though. That is funny.
I just got my CT non res permit about a month ago as well.

Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom