Help me identify this BRNO CZ

My stepfather has graciously loaned me this beautiful 30-06 CZ rifle. I've tried searching the web to find info on it to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's a mauser of some kind, but I don't know for sure. The only markings are the CZ,Brno stamp and a date stamp of 19xx. I can't find any other markings. Is the 19xx the serial number or date of manufacture? I removed the covered front sight and what looks like an original flash-hider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DSC05252.jpg

DSC05251.jpg

DSC05255.jpg

DSC05257.jpg

Looks like a sporterized Checz mauser to me. 19xx would probably be the serial number, depending on where it was located. Are there other parts with that same number?

Flash hider? I don't beleive there would be one on that rifle.

Looks like a sporterized Checz mauser to me. 19xx would probably be the serial number, depending on where it was located. Are there other parts with that same number?

Flash hider? I don't beleive there would be one on that rifle.

I didn't see any other markings anywhere on the gun. The 19xx is located in front of the CZ stamp in the 3rd picture. I blurred it out. I haven't taken the scope mount off because I just go it zeroed, so I don't know if there is anything under there. The FH was designed to fit around the front sight plate so it looked original, but didn't look correct if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom