Help GOAL Save S1580...This Bill Extends Your Castle Rights...Call TODAY

yanici

NES Member
This is from GOAL.

Time is running out on S.1580. We need to call TODAY and urge them to vote in favor of this bill. Here is a link to contact info on the committee. http://www.mass.gov/legis/comm/j19.htm

For those of you that don't want to go back and read the thread, this bill came to light this past Fall when Paul Langone saved the life of the Doctor at MGH who was being stabbed to death, the state took 6 months and a grand jury investigation to decide NOT TO PRESS CHARGES.

This bill will extend "castle doctrine" to include self protection of not only yourself but anyone else who is in a place that they are legally permitted to be. And will help eliminate wasteful investigations such as Mr. Langone had to endure.
Mike Sweeney, GOAL Communications Manager.

Gun Owners Action League, "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here"

email me.

I would call, but I am out at sea, is this something worth emailing about? I wont be back on land for about 3 weeks.

Seems to be a total lack of interest in helping to get S.1580 out of committee and voted favorably. Maybe some of you will call the Judiciary Committee tomorrow. I hope you are not too late.

-just emailed them ALL.

-short post - my fingers are bleeding....

4 out of office replies so far...

We have received word that S. 1580 has received an extension order. It now has until Wednesday June 30th.

Please monitor this bill and continue to call the committee members, asking that they vote favorably.

If you CCW you should have a vested interest in seeing this bill become law, your civil rights may depend on it someday.

We have received word that S. 1580 has received an extension order. It now has until Wednesday June 30th.

Please monitor this bill and continue to call the committee members, asking that they vote favorably.

If you CCW you should have a vested interest in seeing this bill become law, your civil rights may depend on it someday.

Thanks, Mike, for the update. To us gun owners it seems like a no-brainer to pass it. Both my State Sen. and Rep. have said that they favor it but they are not on the committee.

I just got this back from Lewis Evangelidis:

"Dear David,
I really appreciate your comments on An Act Relative to the Common Defense, as well as the background you provided as to why this is a necessary change to our laws who risk their personal safety to aid others. I recall the incident at Boston Medical last year where an innocent bystander stepped in to rescue a physician who was being assaulted, as well as the subsequent grand jury investigation. If this bill is passed in the Senate then I will have an opportunity to vote on it in the House. I really appreciate your interest and support for this bill and will keep your thoughts in mind as we move forward.
Hope you have a great weekend,
Lew "

-Some are listening.
Write, call, email and be heard.

Lew is good, but he is running for sheriff. Too bad we couldn't have had him run for AG against Marcia. It will be a loss to RKBA in MA to have him leave.

Back
Top Bottom