Help Fred stay in the Luger Family - Post your Lugers!

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Let's have a NES Luger Family Pic Post to show Fred that his piece belongs with the NES. Lugers of the world unite!

I'll get mine up later - out the door now.

T

Last edited:
[smile]

Byf 42

052.jpg

[smile] Smile if you like Lugers!

1917 Erfurt, once belonging to M.G. 10.K. L.122. N.4.; the machine gun platoon, 10th company, 122nd Landwehr (Territorial/Reserve) Infantry Regiment (Württemberg). Matching pistol, mismatched Erma mags with one probably the original spare. The 122nd ended the war in the Argonne, and this Luger probably came home with a Doughboy.

T

Last edited:
Family photo of a raid on an estate:

upper left: Erfurt 1918
lower left: Mauser 42 1940
upper right: RC DWM 1916 w/ unit mark of an MG sniper troop, made it through 2 wars
lower right: P.38 byf 44

I guess this is the only picture I have of my 41byf P.08. I'll have to take a few better, closer-up ones soon. The P.38 is AC43, all matching. Neither are import marked. I had to replace the extractor in the P.08 with a repro, but I still have the original (broken) extractor. All other parts matching except magazine of course.

122001.jpg

All I can say is WOW. Maybe we should have a sub section of the Milsurp section on Lugers. After my purchase I was amazed at all of the years, the differences with models and the sheer attraction one has to this handgun.

Now to find a Finn. Thanks to Tim for starting this. There are some great pics of folks pieces. Thanks guys.

Here are my two boys.

The ART is a 1915 DWM all matching. The other one is a byf 42 none matching,but the upper all matches itself and the lower matches itself.The funny parts is the trigger plate [side plate] has two numbers they are the first numbers to the upper,and lower ser. number.

Wouldn't that be fun? 20 Lugers going downrange at the same time? Mr. Snail Drum will have the firepower advantage.

T

So how many lugers,you guys think we can get together? This will be more than fun,it will be historic.

Counting in the thread, we up to 13, excluding Juergen. If he wants to come over again, he can double the count all on his own!

T

Back
Top Bottom