• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello

All you can do is not bring them into the state. It is a felony to possess them here. You can sell them out of state, or trade them for pre-bans out of state. The upper you would not only have to pin the stock but the other features come into play too. Depending on what else you have on it you might need to remove flash supressor, and bayo lug. Best bet would be a pre-ban lower, or a ban compliant upper for it.

Hello All,

I am new to Massachusetts and found your great website.

Thanks for being here!

I do have a question maybe someone can help me with though...

Now that I am in the state, what do I do about my post-ban hi-cap magazines that I was told are illegal in mass. Also have an ar-15 type rifle with all the no-no's. I guess I can buy a legal upper, but I have a 6-position collapsing stock. Do I just pin it in the best length of pull position to be legal?

If I am caught with this stuff am I in trouble? I have paperwork on the rifle but nothing on the magazines. My bushmaster 30-rd'ers have a stamp date of 12/2004.

Thanks for any help!

Zip

First, welcome to NES! [cheers]

Get rid of the mags, (send them to a friend in a free state?) - especially if they are date coded. massachusetts recognizes the Assault Weapons Ban, (thanks a bunch Mitt), so mags must have been made prior to 1994. I'm not sure where your location is, but you need to have your flash suppressor removed and replaced with a brake, your bayonet lug ground down a bit and your stock pinned. If however, your rifle was made prior to the AWB, you can leave it as is, but should get rid of those date coded mags...Yes, you can get into trouble.

Hello All,

If I am caught with this stuff am I in trouble?

Yes.

Get rid of the mags ASAP. You may be able to find someone in a free state to trade you for preban mags or 10 rounders.

Pin your stock and

Change your upper or,

Grind off your bayo lug, permanantly install a Muzzle break , and lose the grenade launcher.

Hello All,
Now that I am in the state, what do I do about my post-ban hi-cap magazines that I was told are illegal in mass.

You're friends in free states will be very happy with their wonderfully thoughtful gifts from you this holiday season.. mags are always great stocking stuffers.

Also have an ar-15 type rifle with all the no-no's. I guess I can buy a legal upper, but I have a 6-position collapsing stock. Do I just pin it in the best length of pull position to be legal?
neuter it and pin it..

If I am caught with this stuff am I in trouble?

yes.

I would also clarify your question as it seems to imply that you currently have your AR and mags in Massachusetts. Seeing as you know they are illegal to possess here, I am sure you left them in your former state where they are legal, and are looking for advice on how to move forward.

Yes.

Get rid of the mags ASAP. You may be able to find someone in a free state to trade you for preban mags or 10 rounders.

Pin your stock and

Change your upper or,

Grind off your bayo lug, permanantly install a Muzzle break , and lose the grenade launcher.

or ................ drum roll please .................... move to New Hampshire [wink]

Hello All,

Now that I am in the state, what do I do about my post-ban hi-cap magazines that I was told are illegal in mass. Also have an ar-15 type rifle with all the no-no's. I guess I can buy a legal upper, but I have a 6-position collapsing stock. Do I just pin it in the best length of pull position to be legal?

If I am caught with this stuff am I in trouble? I have paperwork on the rifle but nothing on the magazines. My bushmaster 30-rd'ers have a stamp date of 12/2004.

Thanks for any help!

Zip

Welcome to NES [smile]

Last edited:
Welcome to NES. I think your questions have been fully answered, so I won't bother to repeat things, except to add that I'm sure your mags are presently out of state and you were just inquiring if you could bring them in. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom